I'm new hello!

LemoL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all freshwater tanks in my fish room but I want 1 salt water tank. I want a FOWLR tank. Corals don't really blow my skirt up, I like the fish. I like fire goby fish. I also like shrimp. Any advice to give besides the standard stuff? Anything I should know from you guys with experience that isn't something I can just Google? Alsoj any other cute fish beside fire goby that can live with him?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Take a little time and read up on FLOWR on this site before getting started.

F96A4B51-5950-4914-8887-D5A5AD92A65E.gif

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome. For recommendations on fish the size of the tank is a big factor.
tumblr_matoufyBCw1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Also, you say you don't like corals, but what you really mean is that you don't like corals..YET. At first I cared way more about the fish but over time I'm starting to enjoy the corals more than the fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I would say make sure you have some kind of cover. Lots of beautiful hobby staples are very likely to jump out of a lidless system. And keep a slightly closer eye on compatibility. Some fish (like a Steene's dottyback) can rival a Dovii cichlid for aggression.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all freshwater tanks in my fish room but I want 1 salt water tank. I want a FOWLR tank. Corals don't really blow my skirt up, I like the fish. I like fire goby fish. I also like shrimp. Any advice to give besides the standard stuff? Anything I should know from you guys with experience that isn't something I can just Google? Alsoj any other cute fish beside fire goby that can live with him?

Welcome! Glad you joined. That is a lot of different size possibilities to go with. Firefish are known for Olympic Carpet Surfing skills... its a hobby they die to get in, sadly. You want a secure top with no holes.

If you are going with the 20g like your other post implies (but you are lucky to have so many other options), then this Live Aquaria Nano section is great for getting ideas:

This is a good research book post article, if you haven't yet found it:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back