I'm New What Should I Do

Troy-Head1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon tank. I'm still in the process of building do you have any tips for me. I'm upgrading the sump to a Crystal Sump 30 - Trigger System.

IMG_5943.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a work shed or a garage? Is that the tanks permanent location?

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set small goals and achieve them, then once your cycle is finished find a strategy that works for you to keep your parameters stable, whatever they are, tweak after a few months of balance if necessary.

If you see inhabitants are ok and your parameters aren't what most say are correct, so what.. if it's working keep it working just like it is. Don't waste time trying what everyone else is doing once you find a stride and get to really understand and even read your tanks health.

Then start playing around.. and stuff.

OP
OP
Troy-Head1

Troy-Head1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you have a quarantine and quarantine all fish! Also it is a fun hobby and very addicting!
Yes definitely I have a 20 gallon for that. I have 2 clown fish, 1 hawk fish and a cleaner shrimp in the tank now. I have had them for several months now.

Catnip885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes definitely I have a 20 gallon for that. I have 2 clown fish, 1 hawk fish and a cleaner shrimp in the tank now. I have had them for several months now.
Awesome! I feel like fish health was the biggest headache I had when I first started also being impatient

OP
OP
Troy-Head1

Troy-Head1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I feel like fish health was the biggest headache I had when I first started also being impatient
Haha I understand I'm doing a lot of research. I just want everything to start out in the right direction.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I have a Trigger Systems 36" sump under my 90. It is a little big. The 30 should be just right. You could sell the purple painted dry rock and buy "base" live rock. Check out the article linked below.

hotbiscuits84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the ugly phase hits, if you’re not past it already, be comfortable with it and let it ride till it ends. If your parameters are in check, don’t create new problems by trying to “solve” issues or speed the process along.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back