fengshuicorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, fellow Reef2Reefers!

I'm thrilled to share my latest venture with you all - my IM 20 Nuvo nano build. I've decked it out with an Ecotech Radion XR15 G6 light, which I believe will truly bring out the best in my reef inhabitants.

Equipment Rundown:

• Main Tank: IM 20 Nuvo
  • Lighting: Ecotech Radion XR15 G6
Coming Soon:

• IceCap K1-Nano Protein Skimmer (keeping that water crystal clear)
  • IM Nuvo UV sterilizer (to combat any unwanted microorganisms)
  • 4 Versa dosing pumps (with both auto top-off and precise dosing of alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium). This should provide the perfect environment for my planned diverse coral collection!
The tank has been up and running for two weeks. To kick things off on the right foot, I used TurboStart on the first day to cycle the tank. By the end of the first week, I introduced my current livestock - a striking pair of Mocha Storm Clownfish, sourced from @KoralKing store right here in Gainesville, FL.

I'm marking my calendar for the one-month milestone, post which I'll be welcoming zoanthids, acans, chalices, and euphilia. And as the tank finds its rhythm, I'm considering some SPS corals for a splash of variety.

For all reef enthusiasts who'd like to stay tuned to my tank's journey, do follow my Instagram account @fengshuicorals. I'll be updating both the Instagram and this thread with photos, build details, and the highs and lows of my reefing experience.

Thank you all for being such an inspiring community! Your insights, tips, or any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Let's dive deep into the wonders of reefing!

Reef2Reef Nano Tank Build Thread 1.jpg Reef2Reef Nano Tank Build Thread 2.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm thrilled to share my latest venture with you all - my IM 20 Nuvo nano build. I've decked it out with an Ecotech Radion XR15 G6 light, which I believe will truly bring out the best in my reef inhabitants.

Equipment Rundown:

Coming Soon:

• 4 Versa dosing pumps (with both auto top-off and precise dosing of alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium). This should provide the perfect environment for my planned diverse coral collection!
The tank has been up and running for two weeks. To kick things off on the right foot, I used TurboStart on the first day to cycle the tank. By the end of the first week, I introduced my current livestock - a striking pair of Mocha Storm Clownfish, sourced from @KoralKing store right here in Gainesville, FL.

I'm marking my calendar for the one-month milestone, post which I'll be welcoming zoanthids, acans, chalices, and euphilia. And as the tank finds its rhythm, I'm considering some SPS corals for a splash of variety.

For all reef enthusiasts who'd like to stay tuned to my tank's journey, do follow my Instagram account @fengshuicorals. I'll be updating both the Instagram and this thread with photos, build details, and the highs and lows of my reefing experience.

Thank you all for being such an inspiring community! Your insights, tips, or any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Let's dive deep into the wonders of reefing!

Tank is off to a good start!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I have the same tank and love it! Can I ask what skimmer you use? I bought mine used and it says Ghost autogadget skimate. I cant seem to get it to owrk anymore. I am not exactly sure if it came with the tank because it dosnt say innovative marine. Thats why I am asking is incase I need to replace it and hopefully you could give me some advice on one to get if its not the same one!

I hope you tanks is coming along nicely!

I am fixing to cycle a 20 gallon frag tank! Any advice on quickly cycling it? Its been years since I have cycled a tank! I am about to make some orders from brs or saltwater aquarium for my own xmas present lol so I can add what I need to get it going!

I just used live sand first time and it took forever. The other time I had lots of live rock but This time I dont have any live rock to spare but do have some media I can use from my tanks

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Equipment Rundown:

Coming Soon:

Bro...I love what you are doing with yours... I am upgrading my Light system (Going with some A8 Pro) similar to the Radion X30 Pro G6. Currently have RedSea 90's that I took off my larger system that I recently upgraded the lightning to; system operating on the Apex System.
20231231_134356.jpg
20231231_134500.jpg
20231231_134245.jpg
tempFileForShare_20231231-142123.jpg

OP
OP
fengshuicorals

fengshuicorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I have the same tank and love it! Can I ask what skimmer you use? I bought mine used and it says Ghost autogadget skimate. I cant seem to get it to owrk anymore. I am not exactly sure if it came with the tank because it dosnt say innovative marine. Thats why I am asking is incase I need to replace it and hopefully you could give me some advice on one to get if its not the same one!

I hope you tanks is coming along nicely!

I am fixing to cycle a 20 gallon frag tank! Any advice on quickly cycling it? Its been years since I have cycled a tank! I am about to make some orders from brs or saltwater aquarium for my own xmas present lol so I can add what I need to get it going!

I just used live sand first time and it took forever. The other time I had lots of live rock but This time I dont have any live rock to spare but do have some media I can use from my tanks
I'm also in the same boat as you trying to look for the right skimmer currently, I have been able to get an MP10 to add to the aquarium although I need to pick up the skimmer, uv sterilizer, and ATO still. When cycling the tank I used TurboStart by Fritz Aquatics. Bring the water to local fish store till they slowly tell me when to add fish or corals as the tank eveolves.

OP
OP
fengshuicorals

fengshuicorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro...I love what you are doing with yours... I am upgrading my Light system (Going with some A8 Pro) similar to the Radion X30 Pro G6. Currently have RedSea 90's that I took off my larger system that I recently upgraded the lightning to; system operating on the Apex System.
20231231_134356.jpg
20231231_134500.jpg
20231231_134245.jpg
tempFileForShare_20231231-142123.jpg
Amazing aquarium love it, I am thinking of going with mostly all zoa tank as I think this would best with the aquascape and room I am working with in this aquarium

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing aquarium love it, I am thinking of going with mostly all zoa tank as I think this would best with the aquascape and room I am working with in this aquarium
So I did a complete overhaul on both tanks...went with 4 brand new G6 Pros XR15... One on my nano and three on my 108 system... (A video of me reaching out to RedSea) but the lights are in the opening

Jason Scalise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Equipment Rundown:

Coming Soon:

Great set up.
I have the same tank which I did some custom changes.
My build thread is here if that is helpful for any ideas on ATO, skimmer and so on.

Thread 'Starting over - IM 20 NUVO Fusion Pro Build'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/starting-over-im-20-nuvo-fusion-pro-build.956802/

OP
OP
fengshuicorals

fengshuicorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back