IM Nuvo 20 Question

clark griswold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mesh lid on these seems quite a bit thicker than many other mesh tops I’ve seen.

Has anyone experienced any problems with their coral lighting due to this or really not a big deal?

I’m about to buy a Kessil or two but have been wondering about this.

Thanks

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Clark, I love you and your family. I've never had any issues with my innovative marine lids. I think, if I'm remembering correctly, that a lid will typically dampen your lighting by 5%-10%.

OP
OP
clark griswold

clark griswold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Clark, I love you and your family. I've never had any issues with my innovative marine lids. I think, if I'm remembering correctly, that a lid will typically dampen your lighting by 5%-10%.

Thanks. I’ve been leaning towards a single Kessil a360we over 2 a160s. That should be more than enough output than I need for an LPS dominant tank. Hopefully that would over the light dampening.

The griswolds love you back.

TatorTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If all else fails, you can get a DIY kit from BRS for pretty cheap. I think my biggest complaint about the screen is how much space it leaves open for jumpers. YMMV.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe @BRS did a video on how much light was blocked by screen tops.

It is minimal.

I liked the IM screen top on my IM30L. You can buy that lid and easily use a different mesh.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back