IM Nuvo INT overflow

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since they have been out a couple years now, I would like to know how people like the IM Nuvo INT "trapezoid") overflow system on the larger tanks. My current tank is a prehistoric Oceanic 90 gallon with a single overflow box (double walled with wiers at three levels) that has worked very well. My new build will have an internal overflow and I'm considering a Nuvo.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I only have a 20g AIO but have been looking at IM 100G as an upgrade. They are quality tanks but I personally prefer the ext models that give you more room inside tank for fish/corals and the ease of cleaning. Cleaning that tiny space behind 70% of the tank will be hard and is one reason I would rather do the ext model instead.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I only have a 20g AIO but have been looking at IM 100G as an upgrade. They are quality tanks but I personally prefer the ext models that give you more room inside tank for fish/corals and the ease of cleaning. Cleaning that tiny space behind 70% of the tank will be hard and is one reason I would rather do the ext model instead.
I know a lot of people prefer the ext type so they have more tank space, but I don't follow your logic about cleaning... ? What "tiny space" are you referring to?

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of people prefer the ext type so they have more tank space, but I don't follow your logic about cleaning... ? What "tiny space" are you referring to?
That trapezoid part is very thin on the back of the tank outside of the middle of the tank where it is a decent side. If you look on their website you can see what I’m talking about.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an IM EXT, tank is great. For the price i cant find a better option...

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know many who routinely clean the inside of the overflow box, so that wouldn't be an issue. The wider part in the middle is where the plumbing is and the rest - the narrow sections- are there to enhance the surface skimming.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM EXT, tank is great. For the price i cant find a better option...
Again, I appreciate that and agree that IM tanks are good, just looking for reviews of the internal overflow box.

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along.

Good to see that you're doing research. And it's definitely worth being patient and getting as much info and feedback from owners as you can...

I was considering one too. A Nuvo INT 100. And while I'm currently leaning in a different direction that will give me 120g in the same footprint as the INT 100, the INT is still on the table.

My big concern is not only the narrowness of the overflow chamber toward the sides, but also the depth...

If a small fish should happen to make into the overflow, it could be quite the challenge to get it out.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right I have a 200 on order and do they have a cover for at least where the plumbing is? I mean wrasses will be in that in no time . I wanted to do ext but I need to be almost flush to the wall so of right now thsts my biggest concern

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back