IM25 Lagoon Build

Nart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, great looking tank. I was curious if you and maybe other owners can chime in, is your pump loud as hell? I’m ready to swap it out with a sicce unit haha
Dude..... Here's how to fix your stock pump with the IM25. Pull out the pump, walk it over to the trash can, place the pump in there, hop online and find a Sicce or Cobalt MJ1200 pump.

I currently run the MJ1200 pump to operate both return nozzles, but it's a bit of a pain sometimes to connect everything back. So I am going to go with two smaller return pumps instead, with each operating it's own return nozzle. It'll be easier to connect back after maintenance and it will help with creating a redundancy jic 1 pump fails.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, great looking tank. I was curious if you and maybe other owners can chime in, is your pump loud as hell? I’m ready to swap it out with a sicce unit haha

Thanks bro! It's a work in progress but I'm pleased thus far. I actually just moved it two days ago to my new house. A pain in the assignment but everything made it and is thriving :)

As for the pump, it does make noise. It's gotten better, but still a faint noise if the room is dead silent. I am still considering getting rid of it for higher turnover.

Thanks,
Jake

Ikikimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude..... Here's how to fix your stock pump with the IM25. Pull out the pump, walk it over to the trash can, place the pump in there, hop online and find a Sicce or Cobalt MJ1200 pump.

I currently run the MJ1200 pump to operate both return nozzles, but it's a bit of a pain sometimes to connect everything back. So I am going to go with two smaller return pumps instead, with each operating it's own return nozzle. It'll be easier to connect back after maintenance and it will help with creating a redundancy jic 1 pump fails.

Thanks bro! It's a work in progress but I'm pleased thus far. I actually just moved it two days ago to my new house. A pain in the assignment but everything made it and is thriving :)

As for the pump, it does make noise. It's gotten better, but still a faint noise if the room is dead silent. I am still considering getting rid of it for higher turnover.

Thanks,
Jake

Nart, thanks for the tip. I’m looking at the Sicce 1.0 or 1.5. I’ve got a second pump (150gph) running my algae reactor, so I’m good redundancy there.

Jake, I know the pain, I just moved everything into my lagoon from my Evo 13.5......Waiting a week to pick up my Black Friday coral buys haha

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nart, thanks for the tip. I’m looking at the Sicce 1.0 or 1.5. I’ve got a second pump (150gph) running my algae reactor, so I’m good redundancy there.

Jake, I know the pain, I just moved everything into my lagoon from my Evo 13.5......Waiting a week to pick up my Black Friday coral buys haha

I was fortunate to be moving a block away. The tank actually looks amazing right now. My birdnest was ticked for a day and now he's back to incredible. Hopefully your tank is thriving as well, despite the move. I'm gonna get some new pictures up soon.

What fish do you have? I am loving my mystery Wrasse. Such a cool fish!

Jake

Ikikimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fortunate to be moving a block away. The tank actually looks amazing right now. My birdnest was ****** for a day and now he's back to incredible. Hopefully your tank is thriving as well, despite the move. I'm gonna get some new pictures up soon.

What fish do you have? I am loving my mystery Wrasse. Such a cool fish!

Jake

I was just asking Nart the same question. I’ve got a Davinci Clown and a Purple Fire Fish. I’m looking at a Shrimp/Goby pair as more than likely my next purchase. I would like to end up with a Royal Gramma somewhere. I was also researching a Coral Beauty and now because of you, a mystery wrasse. My LFS warned me against a Coral Beauty so I’m just trying to figure it all out. What’s next for you?

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just asking Nart the same question. I’ve got a Davinci Clown and a Purple Fire Fish. I’m looking at a Shrimp/Goby pair as more than likely my next purchase. I would like to end up with a Royal Gramma somewhere. I was also researching a Coral Beauty and now because of you, a mystery wrasse. My LFS warned me against a Coral Beauty so I’m just trying to figure it all out. What’s next for you?

I'm not entirely sure what's next in terms of fish. I love hawkfish but they'd kill my inverts...I'm considering a fire fish, candy hogfish or a Gramma. I've read online that mystery wrasses need larger tanks around 40 gallons but he seems quite happy. As he grows I will monitor him closely and determine if I need to sell him.

Thanks,
Jake

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm not entirely sure what's next in terms of fish. I love hawkfish but they'd kill my inverts...I'm considering a fire fish, candy hogfish or a Gramma. I've read online that mystery wrasses need larger tanks around 40 gallons but he seems quite happy. As he grows I will monitor him closely and determine if I need to sell him.

Thanks,
Jake

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures:

MVIMG_20171205_170204.jpg

MVIMG_20171205_170643.jpg

MVIMG_20171205_170628.jpg

MVIMG_20171205_170616.jpg

MVIMG_20171205_170918.jpg

MVIMG_20171205_170852.jpg

MVIMG_20171205_170843.jpg

MVIMG_20171205_170801.jpg

Thanks,
Jake

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! I ave the same one that has been running for about 5 months. For the others that are curious about the return pump- i have recently moved to a new apartment that does not have carpeting; either it was the lack of sound absorption or the pump is fully broken in now, because this thing is totally noticeable now.
For the ones who have upgraded the factory pump to a Sicce, which is one exactly did you get?

Also, not sure if it's been covered, but how are you taking such nice photos of the tank. Is that a smartphone camera?

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! I ave the same one that has been running for about 5 months. For the others that are curious about the return pump- i have recently moved to a new apartment that does not have carpeting; either it was the lack of sound absorption or the pump is fully broken in now, because this thing is totally noticeable now.
For the ones who have upgraded the factory pump to a Sicce, which is one exactly did you get?

Also, not sure if it's been covered, but how are you taking such nice photos of the tank. Is that a smartphone camera?

Hello,

I can't directly speak to the pump question as I am running the stock pump. It doesn't make much noise for me, though I could probably use more flow :)

As for my pictures, I do use a smart phone. I take photos through the glass, mostly. If I go from above I turn my powerhead off. My phone is the Google pixel 2. TBH, my photos don't do my corals justice :)

Thanks,
Jake

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I can't directly speak to the pump question as I am running the stock pump. It doesn't make much noise for me, though I could probably use more flow :)

As for my pictures, I do use a smart phone. I take photos through the glass, mostly. If I go from above I turn my powerhead off. My phone is the Google pixel 2. TBH, my photos don't do my corals justice :)

Thanks,
Jake

You don't use any filters or apps?

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank Jake. those clowns and coral you have look fantastic.

I just replaced my pump over black friday in my IM 25 lagoon with a Sicce 1.5. I must say I am very impressed as I cannot hear it at all anymore.
went from the stock pump, to a cobalt MJ1200, to a sicce 1.5 over the 9 months I have had it set up.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No filters. I use my photo app that comes standard on the phone to adjust the warmth if I take photos under blues...that's it. I try to make everything look as true as possible, but in this case, they look less bright than in real life. LOL

Thanks,
Jake

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No filters. I use my photo app that comes standard on the phone to adjust the warmth if I take photos under blues...that's it. I try to make everything look as true as possible, but in this case, they look less bright than in real life. LOL

Thanks,
Jake

Guess i have to upgrade my phone

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced my pump over black friday in my IM 25 lagoon with a Sicce 1.5. I must say I am very impressed as I cannot hear it at all anymore.
went from the stock pump, to a cobalt MJ1200, to a sicce 1.5 over the 9 months I have had it set up.

Does the Sicce 1.5 need any separate attachments to operate with the stock return hose?

corey01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the Sicce 1.5 need any separate attachments to operate with the stock return hose?
No, I just screwed in the included barb hose adapter that came with the pump and pushed the stock rubber hose onto it.
It was a little tight but I ran it under a warm tap for a moment and it went on without too much fuss.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I just screwed in the included barb hose adapter that came with the pump and pushed the stock rubber hose onto it.
It was a little tight but I ran it under a warm tap for a moment and it went on without too much fuss.

Cool, thanks!

Ikikimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that same subject, what’s you water level like in the filtration area? Curious because with a stock pump on one side and a 150 gph on the other running my algae reactor, I ve got the middle section about 1” bellow the baffle. I top off 2 red solo cups of rodi a day lol I’m trying to figure out I’d I should go 1.0 or get the 1.5 and throttle it back.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All:

It's been awhile so I'm back with an update. It had been slow going for me. I came to the realization that my light intensity was probably double what it needed to be in the shallow reef. While some corals were doing alright, others began to show the beginnings of bleaching and some of my bloodshots began to melt. I toned down my intensity to about 20% from 38%. My growth has been a bit slow still. Some corals have grown through everything like crazy, while others have taken a very slow almost no growth route. My fish - they're healthy as hell. I do not quarantine, however, I bought all fish from the divers den as they seem to be meticulous regarding fish health. I have had no signs of poor health from any of my fish.

Here are some pics from earlier today...hopefully I can get some more soon.

MVIMG_20180108_203910.jpg

IMG_20180108_203912.jpg

MVIMG_20180108_203919.jpg

IMG_20180108_203929.jpg

MVIMG_20180108_203946.jpg

MVIMG_20180108_204012.jpg

MVIMG_20180108_203953.jpg

IMG_20180108_203804.jpg

Thanks,
Jake

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back