In memory of Jake: Post your favorite Jake Adams videos, photos, articles...

Jack Jack Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im one of those guys that aren't affected by much, but the news of Jake's sudden death has been on my mind ever since I heard it.

I didn't realize at the time, but his videos are so darn personable and his personality and passion "really really comes through." I went through a time where I thought the "really really" was kinda annoying but now I miss it.

It's rare to see someone talk on video about the hobby with such professionalism and yet humility at the same time. I didn't realize what we had on YouTube until we lost him.

And Marc, if you read this, I hope you somehow continue reef therapy. Because I think people like you and I definitely need the therapy right now. Reefing is a place where we can focus on what we all love and for a second, forget the troubles we all have in daily life. (if someone knows Marc, plz fwd to him :).). If I remember, I think Jake said part of the hobby is connecting with others. No Joke, prior to Jake, I thought I was a total nerd for loving protein skimmers and would have totally been a closet reefer. When he said "I love love love protein skimmers." I thought to myself and said "****. ME TOO!!!"

MinnieMouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Passing very sad. I just finished reading some of his online blogs about sea animals. Will be missed.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefwithMee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back