In tank media basket

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMMKD0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RMMKD0

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
68
Reaction score
60
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an aio tank and wanted to replace the 2 filter socks with the in tank media baskets. I was wondering what everyone is running in theirs. Starting from the cycle, is it necessary to run purigen or carbon and gfo???
 
Most use floss or something similar to replace filter socks.
Personally, I wouldn't run any of the media you listed during a cycle.
 
I was going to put floss on top and some marine pure on the bottom but was curious what most run in the middle chambers.
 
There are a ton of options. Ceramic media, Purigen, carbon, etc.
When cycling though, things like carbon, Purigen, GFO can either slow things down a bit, or strip things from the water that are required for a healthy cycle
 
I understand. I meant after the cycle tho. I typed my question wrong
 
What I meant was after the cycle and I start to add fish and coral what would be best to run
 
Same applies. Lots of options. Carbon or Purigen would be good choices. GFO is best jsed in a seperate reactor. GFO needs to be slowly tumbled so it doesn't clog or become compacted.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new