In tank refugium?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean "in tank" and not "intake" right? And sure, a lot of people like display algae and/or use sand/media/rock in display - I assume you just mean primarily algae. Just harvest it for nutrient control. Not sure if the amount of algae you'd need for effective nutrient export is going to be aesthetically pleasing. Amount depends on bio-load and other factors.

OP
OP
biggie4jets

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I’m thinking about getting a little quarantine box and putting it on the back of my tank with some chaeto algae in it. Unfortunately I would run the l the lights on the same schedule as I don’t Wnat to hook up or have another light on the tank. I also like the look of some algae attached to the rocks (not very beneficial this way, just the look).

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaeto and Calerpa are probably the most aggressive. There are others that still have a decent growth rate and would suffice if you're concerned about it taking over display. I have thought of using some of the reds (dragon tongue, garc, ogo) as well, but really only for the appearance.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back