View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2164.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
My boyfriend's dad had a 125 gallon saltwater tank for many years and fell ill and passed within a couple months. We decided to take it on. While his dad was in the hospital it was not taken care of, so for about a month, maybe two, the fish and corals were fed about 7-8 times and there were no water changes or anything. All of the fish survived, but we lost a couple of the corals from the lack of care and then trying to bring the tank back.
I went to the local aquarium that his father purchased many of the fish, corals, and supplies from and they recommended me to, "the fish guy." He came out for a nice chunk of change and very quickly tried to explain and show how to do a water change, because it really needed it. He was at our house for about 30-45 minutes and we didn't get very many answers to our questions.
My boyfriend and I have very minimal knowledge of saltwater tanks, so I was wondering if I could get some help from you guys to see if you can name what corals we have in the tank, so I can better care for them and just give us any knowledge you can really.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2164.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
My boyfriend's dad had a 125 gallon saltwater tank for many years and fell ill and passed within a couple months. We decided to take it on. While his dad was in the hospital it was not taken care of, so for about a month, maybe two, the fish and corals were fed about 7-8 times and there were no water changes or anything. All of the fish survived, but we lost a couple of the corals from the lack of care and then trying to bring the tank back.
I went to the local aquarium that his father purchased many of the fish, corals, and supplies from and they recommended me to, "the fish guy." He came out for a nice chunk of change and very quickly tried to explain and show how to do a water change, because it really needed it. He was at our house for about 30-45 minutes and we didn't get very many answers to our questions.
My boyfriend and I have very minimal knowledge of saltwater tanks, so I was wondering if I could get some help from you guys to see if you can name what corals we have in the tank, so I can better care for them and just give us any knowledge you can really.
Absolutely! Ask away!

primo21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you have, in order left to right, a few heads of green torch, green palythoa, duncan and some type of gorgonian. i would suggest getting a good test kit if you dont have one and check, ammonia, nitrate, calcium and alkalinity. definitely do a good size water change, maybe 50%, since it was sitting so long unattended. start there and ask away any other questions.

Kmore1219

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the addiction, any questions you may have this site definitely has all of the answers!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Here is some reading on tank basics like setup and other basic question that might be answered link Feel free to ask and we be more than happy to help you have a successful experience. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back