Injured Clownfish?

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just today noticed a raised portion of my clownfish's lip where it appears she might have got injured. I can't tell if it's that or something worse, but she has been acting pretty normal with no weird swimming or behavior and definitely has an appetite. All other fish in the tank seem fine, can't find any spots or injuries. When I fed she definitely tried to eat but could tell she was having issues eating larger portions of food and kinda was just holding it in her mouth, smaller portions she ate just fine.

She's in a 45g tank that has been running about a year and half.
Stock list is just the pair of clowns, which have been together in the tank for over a year now, a bicolor blenny, and yellow coris wrasse. I haven't seen any aggression in the tank between any of the fish. They've all been together over 6 months now.

Any idea or recommendations on what this could be?

Screenshot_20210217-205425.png

Attachments

• PXL_20210218_022135641~2.mp4
    83.5 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does appear to be an injury, perhaps it tussled with the other clown when you weren't looking? For the short term, feed it smaller bits of food so it doesn't have trouble eating. You may need to consider moving it to a treatment tank and dosing with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic such as Neoplex, Maracyn 2 or Furan 2. There really is no in-tank treatment.

Jay

OP
OP
Reefer37

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does appear to be an injury, perhaps it tussled with the other clown when you weren't looking? For the short term, feed it smaller bits of food so it doesn't have trouble eating. You may need to consider moving it to a treatment tank and dosing with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic such as Neoplex, Maracyn 2 or Furan 2. There really is no in-tank treatment.

Jay
Thanks Jay, I appreciate your recommendations. It's very possible that they may have gotten in an argument. She's sweet as can be, it's actually the male that is aggressive whenever we're in the tank doing stuff. I'll be monitoring her and if it ends up looking worse I'll pull her and put her in QT to treat.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back