Ink bird controller issue

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just installed a inkbird 306T. I think I set it up perfectly. I set it so the heater goes off when lower than 78. However, I have checked and my current temp. Is 77.5 with heater on. Does that mean I should put in another heater? It is already a oversized Ehime jäger heater

Killingtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just installed a inkbird 306T. I think I set it up perfectly. I set it so the heater goes off when lower than 78. However, I have checked and my current temp. Is 77.5 with heater on. Does that mean I should put in another heater? It is already a oversized Ehime jäger heater
Let me get this right. You have your target temp set at 78*? What do you have your Heating Differential set at? Also, what temp is your Eheim set at?

OP
OP
KevinC

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me get this right. You have your target temp set at 78*? What do you have your Heating Differential set at?
target is 79, heating diff. Is 1. So it should turn on at 78.

What is the size of your tank? What is the size of the heater?

Tank is a rsr 250, running on 120w heater.

Killingtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, just so we don't miss something easy...Is the Eheim knob turned up beyond 78 too?

Per the Eheim website stats, it looks like that heater is a little under sized for your total volume. Might be a reason the temp is dipping a little extra.

Aquachristik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, just so we don't miss something easy...Is the Eheim knob turned up beyond 78 too?

Per the Eheim website stats, it looks like that heater is a little under sized for your total volume. Might be a reason the temp is dipping a little extra.
Yeah if you're running a heater with a thermostat just set the thermostat on the heater to be "always on" and let the InkBird turn the heater on or off. Good catch.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if you're running a heater with a thermostat just set the thermostat on the heater to be "always on" and let the InkBird turn the heater on or off. Good catch.
I still wouldn't turn the heater up as far as it will go. Just set it to where it would kick off a few degrees above your high temp. You still want the heaters thermostat to act as a failsafe if the controller fails on.

Edit- IMO the inkbird will allow it to drop a little under the low temp and sometimes a little above the high temp. I have mine (306A) to only allow for a .5 degree but in reality it allows about a 1 degree difference. If it doesn't go any lower than 77.5 and the heater is able to heat the tank up and cycle on and off then I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back