Inkbird temp sensor rusting!!!!

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What the… it was a brand new unit. Sadly I bought it from Amazon like 6 months ago.

IMG_0639.jpeg IMG_0638.jpeg
 
is it rusting from the mount? or is it rusting from the probe?
 
Although I'm sure any effect (due to rust) from that little probe may be very small, as soon as something goes off in your tank, the probe will certainly be blamed. Best to get a coated probe even if it just prevents the probe from early failure. I had always associated the green units with tortoises and lizards, blue being water, tbh.
 
Last edited:
I put metal probes (dry) into airline tubing, double the tubing back on itself so neither end is under water, and use it like that. You do not need fast response in anything except a small tank with a big heater, and the probes never get exposed to the water.
 
I got the blue inkbird and it has metal probe guess I got the wrong blue one
 
Wow. Who knew. But what is weird is I purchased several of these, they were on sale. I had one in my brute with rocks for the same amount of time and it is NOT rusted.
 
I prefer the aqualogic it has a titainium probe.
Other option would be to clean it up and use some heat shrink tubing to cover it.
 
I prefer the aqualogic it has a titainium probe.
Other option would be to clean it up and use some heat shrink tubing to cover it.

100%

Especially if this controlling heaters on a large system. Aqua Logic is ridiculously better
 
Go to Inkbird. Com and buy em they are more detailed description of the probes they have a blue with 2 probes now one a backup probe but idk I think the one with 2 probes is wierd because it says if both probes are not the same to a degree an alarm goes off most probes have a 1f difference
 
Thanks a bunch. I don’t have these on my main system. QT, rocks, etc. but none the less, I need a fully functioning PROPERLY used (lol) controller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new