Innovative marine 30l build.

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had tons of fun with my previous ada 15g nano, but now is the time to move on bigger system since I moved to new home with my wife after marriage on March [emoji847]

Had a sump system between ada and this one but I found out I like aio more on nano since you can see and control everything by glance.
And nano size sump couldn't fit all of my equipments anyway. I'll wait till I buy house and do 180g.

Anyway I just started the tank on 4/16
Help me a lot on early stages pls! [emoji16]

Equipment list :

Innovative marine 30l aio
Custom black paint oil coated stand
Innovative marine dc pump mod
Innovative marine dc skim skimmer
Innovative marine refugium light
Innovative marine media reactor with biopellet
In tank surface skin to raise water level
In tank filter floss holder, and refugium basket
Marine pure ball
Ai prime hd+ black x2
3d reefing ai prime diffuser
Ice cap gyre 1k
Mp10 qwd
Neotherm 150w heater
Tunze 3155 ato
Teffo aquarium temperature and timer controller
Amazon cooling fan
Reef crystal salt
Vertex puratek ro/di 100gpd
Coarse grade live sand
50/50 live rock, life dry rock
5g aa ato storage

So far I'm really happy with my equipment choices. Tank will be mostly for sps for higher flow area and rockflower anemone garden on low flow area. Maybe some euphylia corals, Lps also depends on how much space I will have.

Happy reefing![emoji16]
1795ba0f14d7a634c9522d2e9b514f70.jpg
8f0f1b97b276ebc533382ae520f8c809.jpg
4bc796177e58d8a8f44c6dfbb4541fd0.jpg
e295de621def0f705cd3822049036d14.jpg
6f6aede4707678feaf80dba7841d9ded.jpg

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started cycle with brightwell microbacter, and dr. Tim one and only. Light will be off till cycle ends.

Current live stock wish are

Pair of clownfish
Small Leopard wrasse
Lawnmower blenny
Long nose hawkfish
Flame angel

Snails
Hermits

Which order would you put in?
I'm just worried lawnmower blenny will be ******* to wrasse and hawkfish.
Each addition I will wait about 1 month. So I need to choose wise lol

Rafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby so take my opinion with a grain of salt but I would add the fish in the following order pair of clownfish, long nose hawkfish, leopard wrasse, lawnmower blenny and finally the flame angel. Good luck with the new build!

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good setup. Can't wait to watch it progress.
Personally the clowns should be last depending on the type you get. They are a tad territorial inmate beat up the lawnmower blenny is put in first.
If you decide to getonly one clown, it does not matter the order it goes in.

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was thinking how can I pass "ugly stage" safely? And make really stable tank..?

I did some research but everyone has different method!

I hate dealing with dino and bryospis. Hope I dont go thru intense ones....

Any tips on early stage welcome! Enlighten me.

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby so take my opinion with a grain of salt but I would add the fish in the following order pair of clownfish, long nose hawkfish, leopard wrasse, lawnmower blenny and finally the flame angel. Good luck with the new build!
Thanks! I hope do good on this one [emoji16]

Yea I would add like that too!

But keep thinking theres not enough space for all of those fishes after corals and anemones

Maybe I was thinking clownfish, hawkfish, wrasse, and flame angel only. We will see!

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good setup. Can't wait to watch it progress.
Personally the clowns should be last depending on the type you get. They are a tad territorial inmate beat up the lawnmower blenny is put in first.
If you decide to getonly one clown, it does not matter the order it goes in.
Thanks I hope I can make nice progression on this build [emoji3]

Thanks for the info. Yes I has expierence with clownfish and wrasse fight before at ada 15g.
I guess I might just buy one clownfish.. I dont know lol I cant put fish until 1 month pass anyway or cycle ends

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too big! Ammonia to nitrate went fast with overdosing microbacter, dr.tim, and biospira lol.

Moved some rock position so I can overstock my corals in the future lol.

Also from today Im starting to turn on light for 8hrs per day see if I start get diatoms.

Lastly I added gfo sachet, and biopellet in the media(finally media reactor not decoration anymore [emoji16]) with doing wetskim.

Fix me if I'm doing wrong! I'll turn on refugium light when I start add fishes.

Happy reefing

P.s Does anybody using teffo aquarium controller, what should I do when I'm having problem with connecting device from wifi at the beginning?
cb4f757edef7bc444ba7102cac1dd123.jpg

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added pair of clownfish(one is davinci extreme and another one is black phantom) immediately they became a pair and didnt even fight one time so far. So far I'm super happy. I was going to wait 1 month and half for fish but I just couldn't stare at empty tank anymore. Something had to swim inside lol.

So far diatom disappeared. Now I see hair algae. What should I do before it goes crazy? Give me good tip! I'm planning to do constant water change to prevent infestations of gha and changed my refugium hours (+3hrs)

Also after my wife went to hawaii.. she wants yellow tang in our tank badly.. I meant really badly.. lol originally i wanted to do mandarin goby with yellow corris wrasse and maybe lawnmower blenny but if she wants yellow tang, I have to get it... any advice keeping yellow tang in this dimension long term? I do have a plan to upgrade to 150g but that's 3 years later when we buy house.
63fb6141d3e2a6ed5f41b5750559329c.jpg
ef02d284fab0e36fe7783f713a685a44.jpg

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also after my wife went to hawaii.. she wants yellow tang in our tank badly.. I meant really badly.. lol originally i wanted to do mandarin goby with yellow corris wrasse and maybe lawnmower blenny but if she wants yellow tang, I have to get it... any advice keeping yellow tang in this dimension long term? I do have a plan to upgrade to 150g but that's 3 years later when we buy house.
I have no advice to offer as far as keeping a tang in a tank this size long term. You should definitely consult the 'fish forum' and post a thread there for lots of great advice and help on this particular subject. The only "advice" I can offer on the subject is to wait to get one until you upgrade your tank. Keep in mind the AIO sump in the 30L makes the tank water volume and footprint even smaller - around 10" wide and 10" deep. Just not big enough, if you ask me. There are so many fish I want badly and I mean really badly, just like your wife... but I also want fish I know are perfectly suited for the tank environment I provide for them. The only thing I want even more than the fish itself, is for it to be long-lived and healthy, in a stress free, cohesive, somewhat peaceful tank. (Sorry just my opinions and no advice for you) Post in the fish topic forum! Good luck ;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys how are ya?

Just quick update. My tank has been doing good. None of live stock died so far. Pair of clownfish, yellow corris wrasse, mandarin goby, and kole tang is my fish list now.

Infinite dosing of bacterial [emoji23] (spent a lot of money) supplement helped a lot on stabilizing the tank.

Thanks to generous local reefer friend, I added monti, green stylo, and birdnest. Also hawaiian toadstool as well.. for free. So generous of him. Can not thank more enough! I wish I keep these corals well so I can frag out to new comers as well later. Sharing is always good feeling.

Because of that I was able to purchase some other frags and colonies that I couldn't think to buy.

Jawbreaker, neon candy colony, Japanese pink nepthea coral, frogspawn, pink zipper, and rbta.

Most of the time unless I skip once in 2 week wc, nitrate stays 1 to 2 (from red sea pro test kit) I do need to buy phosphate test kit but I've been busy with work. So was hard to get it.. soon tho.. as long as cheato growing crazy at back of the tank. I feel safe for now.

I started dosing again after I filled up tank. Right now it stays at 8 but trying to raise up till 8.5 or Tony bit more. Hopefully works well!

That a if for this update.
c17c29b902e85e2c585790562e537585.jpg
26c15e364ad140753199b970ff4a9346.jpg

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no advice to offer as far as keeping a tang in a tank this size long term. You should definitely consult the 'fish forum' and post a thread there for lots of great advice and help on this particular subject. The only "advice" I can offer on the subject is to wait to get one until you upgrade your tank. Keep in mind the AIO sump in the 30L makes the tank water volume and footprint even smaller - around 10" wide and 10" deep. Just not big enough, if you ask me. There are so many fish I want badly and I mean really badly, just like your wife... but I also want fish I know are perfectly suited for the tank environment I provide for them. The only thing I want even more than the fish itself, is for it to be long-lived and healthy, in a stress free, cohesive, somewhat peaceful tank. (Sorry just my opinions and no advice for you) Post in the fish topic forum! Good luck ;Shamefullyembarrased
Tiny size kole tang has been added. I told my wife they do tiny bit better than yellow tang in our tank size. Definitely need to rehome but for now I feed him well and try to do my best job to make him happy. Hes the boss of my tank. So far no stress sign. Wish me luck

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used with razor blade. In case you move the filteration around I suggest make 2 part (left,right) Black screen peel off. I did only one side and regret it.
a3382d43afa1c7933144ae515f0893e2.jpg

Thank you for the advice. So you have it in chamber 2 then (or 4 if the other side). Do you use a refugium basket or just stuff the macro in there. Do you have problems with macro overflowing into the return section?

What light are you using?

Have you found that it makes a noticeable difference in your nutrient levels?

OP
OP
cojo8888

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice. So you have it in chamber 2 then (or 4 if the other side). Do you use a refugium basket or just stuff the macro in there. Do you have problems with macro overflowing into the return section?

What light are you using?

Have you found that it makes a noticeable difference in your nutrient levels?
Yes I used charmer 2 and 4 so I can do 1 3 use in tank refugium box. I think it's a must otherwise cheato will overflow everywhere. I have good growth on cheato and my nitrate stays at 1.5~2 phosphate 0.01~3 I do have biopellet reactor, skimmer marinepure ball bag chemipure, and carbon as well

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back