Innovative Marine SR 80 Pro upgrade

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have too many aquariums! (there, I said it).

Aside from my new 320 gallon Waterbox tank that is a FOWLR/Predator tank, I have a 32 gallon BioCube, a 40 gallon breeder, and a 20 gallon Waterbox Cube.

• The BioCube has three small fish and some easy corals.
  • The 40 breeder has 4 small fish and more easy corals.
  • The Waterbox Cube has 2 Clownfish and a bubble tip anemone.

The solution? Purchase another fish tank. I wanted something bigger than the 40 breeder, but some thing that was not huge and was easily manageable. Something I could move all the fish into and display the corals nicely without breaking the bank. I ended up purchasing an IM SR 80 Pro from @Living Reef Orlando and brought it home today. Plan is to transfer as much as I can into this new tank and have a seamless transition over the course of a few days most likely.

Stay tuned for updates!

IMG_1960.jpeg

Last edited:

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to the IM 80 gallon fusion2, last month, from a IM 50 gal aio. It Was used, but for only 4 months & I got a phenomenal deal. I replaced the aps glass door ( Arcylic) with Deorative film. I just recieved & finished mounting my kessil Apx9, 5 mintues ago. I'm definitely following this build.

Attachments

• 20230829_164235.jpg
    20230829_164235.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to the IM 80 gallon fusion2, last month, from a IM 50 gal aio. It Was used, but for only 4 months & I got a phenomenal deal. I replaced the aps glass door ( Arcylic) with Deorative film. I just recieved & finished mounting my kessil Apx9, 5 mintues ago. I'm definitely following this build.
Sweet aquascape! And thanks for the interest, I’m excited to share the progress.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3 nighttime update:

All of the fish from the 40 breeder have been transferred over as well as the majority of the established rock from that tank. What’s left in that tank now are a bunch of Zoas, some mushrooms, a BTA, some LPS, and CUC. I want to just move them all over already but don’t want to overload the new tank.

IMG_1995.jpeg

Still need to add the rest of the rock, lights, and electronics.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 4 afternoon update:

Most of the corals and inverts moved over, all the fish transferred, rock work, rearranged and lighting in place. Wires are everywhere right now, so needing to set up Apex is the next plan.

IMG_2006.jpeg

Last edited:

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you remove panels? I have same setup and love what you did.
Also where did you get your film?
Thanks, Lauren

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you remove panels? I have same setup and love what you did.
Also where did you get your film?
Thanks, Lauren
I did remove the panels. Used them to trace the decorative film & slide them into place where the panel were. Removing the doors, to fit the film into place, made it way easier to do.

Elfer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? Are you happy with everything? I’m considering starting up this same tank but I’m trying to decide between the AIO and EXT setup.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
Thank you for reminding me. I’ve done a bunch of stuff but forgot to post it, lol. Check latest posts after this to see.
Are you happy with everything?
Overall, I’m pretty happy with this set up. I’ve had different all-in-one set ups before, but I would have to say this one is the most complete. It’s pretty well organized in the back and the front give you lots of space to do whatever you’d like.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 57 update:

Apex is fully set up, lighting, pumps, wavemakers, and filtration all up and running. All* fish and coral have been transferred successfully with no losses. Even decorated the wall behind the tank to give some more feel to it.

IMG_2746.jpeg

IMG_2750.jpeg
IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg
IMG_2753.jpeg

*ended up deciding to keep the Biocube up and running where it’s at and leaving everything in there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back