Innovative marine sr60 vs waterbox AIO 50.3

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody!
I have got permission to buy a new tank!
I have it down to these two options, I will be building my own cabinet.

I am wondering people's opinions who have owned these tanks or tanks from these companies.

Innovative marine shallow reef 60
Waterbox AIO 50.3

I plan on lighting with a reef builders photon v2+

Thanks!
Paul.

OP
OP
Paul31733

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why specifically AIO? You say you are building your own cabinet. With a tank that size its extremely beneficial in going with a sump setup.
I have only had an Evo 13.5 AIO so am not aware of the major benefits of a sump over AIO.
My mind could still be changed...

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would surprised how cheap a sump setup is. all you need is a 20long aqueon tank, and go to a local glassmaker to cut baffles for you and you silicone those in. The tanks cost less with no all in one sump area so overall it would cost you the same I think.

OP
OP
Paul31733

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would surprised how cheap a sump setup is. all you need is a 20long aqueon tank, and go to a local glassmaker to cut baffles for you and you silicone those in. The tanks cost less with no all in one sump area so overall it would cost you the same I think.
But what is the overall benefit? The AIO waterbox is only $699 Canadian. Anything with a sump I have looked at ends up to be $2500.(excluding custom build as you mentioned)

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You live in Canada? thats a bit different, on this forum you should probably mention that. I have some aquarium friends that live there and they always tell me how expensive stuff is over there, and you guys sometimes cannot buy certain things that we can easily get over here for way cheaper.

I would still contact Steve Chow at SC Aquariums, I wont link his website here, you can google him, in case its against the rules to post external websites.

Please look at their PnP (plug and play) setups and prices, and their tank category prices. I have never seen any other aquariums with low iron glass in such quality for lower prices than those. If they ship to you for a decent price, I think you have a winner to be honest.

Just a suggestion.

OP
OP
Paul31733

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You live in Canada? thats a bit different, on this forum you should probably mention that. I have some aquarium friends that live there and they always tell me how expensive stuff is over there, and you guys sometimes cannot buy certain things that we can easily get over here for way cheaper.

I would still contact Steve Chow at SC Aquariums, I wont link his website here, you can google him, in case its against the rules to post external websites.

Please look at their PnP (plug and play) setups and prices, and their tank category prices. I have never seen any other aquariums with low iron glass in such quality for lower prices than those. If they ship to you for a decent price, I think you have a winner to be honest.

Just a suggestion.
Thank you for your advice! Yes it's a bummer for saltwater equipment up here... I will look into this company for sure!! Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
Paul31733

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your advice! Yes it's a bummer for saltwater equipment up here... I will look into this company for sure!! Merry Christmas!
I would LOVE a waterbox 90.3 with white stand but I also just got engaged bahahah so that's the real problem(shhh don't tell my fiance)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back