Insane Inventions I Want

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. A spinning attachment to my water change siphon to stir up sand and break up the occasional cyano to better suck up crud.

2. A Roomba-ish submersible for the front glass that I can program to do a daily squeegee on the inside surface daily.

3. A programmed saltwater-proof submersible laser that can zap Aiptasia. I mean, watch How It’s Made and see those devices that blow out the black corn kernals in micro-seconds. Why can’t I have an Aiptasia canon?

4. An aquarium controller powering all devices by way of a Tesla coil so that I don’t have the Flying Spaghetti Monster of cables any longer. Now, no cables at all!

5. A third plumbing line, so that I get pre-mixed saltwater from a faucet that works like those faucets for filling pots on your oven. This one seems doable if I mixed saltwater in my daughter’s upstairs bedroom. Why does she need two closets?!?

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wireless power is in its conceptual proof of concept stages right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see a commercial device offered to home consumers that does just that in the next few decades. Look at how ubiquitous wireless charging has become. If we can increase the range that could create some fabulous products. I agree with you. I hate wires but I find myself lazy enough to make my life harder with them, lol.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wireless power is in its conceptual proof of concept stages right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see a commercial device offered to home consumers that does just that in the next few decades. Look at how ubiquitous wireless charging has become. If we can increase the range that could create some fabulous products. I agree with you. I hate wires but I find myself lazy enough to make my life harder with them, lol.
It will probably bring about wireless power cancer

MexiReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a nano autopropelled device equipped with scissors controllable with a smart phone to cut unreachable GHA.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A device that cooks two pieces of bread, at the same time!!

secret smell GIF

Last edited:

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2. A Roomba-ish submersible for the front glass that I can program to do a daily squeegee on the inside surface daily.

3. A programmed saltwater-proof submersible laser that can zap Aiptasia. I mean, watch How It’s Made and see those devices that blow out the black corn kernals in micro-seconds. Why can’t I have an Aiptasia canon?
Both of these are in development. Whether they are ever actually release or work i not making any bets

spacedcowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2. A Roomba-ish submersible for the front glass that I can program to do a daily squeegee on the inside surface daily. They already have this, it’s called RoboSnail.

Yeah, but it's magnets are way too weak for my 3/4" glass. I'm kind of surprised they haven't scaled it up yet...

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kill aiptasia in my tank with a burning laser currently. I zap them at night through the glass. I know people say it will only spread them but in my experience it works well. There's always 1 or 2 you don't see that manage to release spores but the spread to me is no worse than any other method. I typically zap 3-4 very tiny ones a week.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. A spinning attachment to my water change siphon to stir up sand and break up the occasional cyano to better suck up crud.

4. An aquarium controller powering all devices by way of a Tesla coil so that I don’t have the Flying Spaghetti Monster of cables any longer. Now, no cables at all!

5. A third plumbing line, so that I get pre-mixed saltwater from a faucet that works like those faucets for filling pots on your oven. This one seems doable if I mixed saltwater in my daughter’s upstairs bedroom. Why does she need two closets?!?

5 is doable I think... Think of those touch faucets that open a solenoid to dispense the water. You can relay that signal to turn the pump on at your mixing station and pump the water out of the faucet.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had a Lab at a place I worked, I ask them why the Super Purified RO/DI Faucets didn’t leach the metal. They were Titanium, about 3K apiece.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're working on this, but need to hurry the hell up: a frozen food dispenser.
2. A mixer for reefroids, coral food in general, that can be fed via doser. With a refrigerator option.
3. A pipe snake that will make it through a 1" 90° elbow.
For #3, check out a conduit mouse(piston). You'd have to get a string through first though so you could pull it, but that shouldn't be too bad.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back