Instant ocean tests

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Science should NEVER mind being questioned,

I agree with that in general. Scientists should be able to give reasons for what they believe, and be willing to modify their views if new and convincing data is found.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look terrible to me ... 10dKh ... akkkk ... why?????

I guess that is what Reef Crystals are for.

yes, I can see folks not preferring the high alk.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comets are made mostly of water. The analysis you present suggests the salt mix might be 13% melted comets. Very bad for a reef tank. I heard they could even kill dinosaurs..

I've been experimenting with comet dosing lately. I'll get back to you when I've used it more

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has stated, and was crushed, for stating that IO contains clay and that is what the residue is in mixing buckets. Dr. RFH has accurately pointed out that IO is not really an issue for this, but more of a problem with RC. Even with RC is has been positively shown to be calcium/carbonate precipitation that dissolves with some lower pH (acid add, for example). Poster did not like this, called Dr. RFH a troll and has since tried to drum up support that IO is full of clay and responsible for lots and lots of bad issues in many, many tanks. When asked for proof that IO (or RC) contains clay and just blew it off claiming that it was already proven and posted about. I guess this is the "proof?"

...I think that is most of today's history.
Actually I did post on several different areas showing clay in the mix

I have not drummed up anything or tried to

This all started as I simple said io has clay in it and that clay can be bad that's it since then I have been personally attacked by several fan boys

When posting a personal experience I should not have to go and find scientific reports about anything

This fourm is nothing but a bunch of haters and trolls iv got a few that love to follow me around and try and discredit any personal user experiences I post about asking for scientific proof

Then I find some oh and that's not good enoff

I'm out this fourm is ridiculous with Haye and misinformation being backed up by fan boys who have never sent anything anywhere to check

Have fun with this

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all started as I simple said io has clay in it and that clay can be bad that's it since then I have been personally attacked by several fan boys

I do not use or even like Reef Crystals, nor do I even recommend it when folks want to store their water (all because of the vitamins and metal chelator in it that make it unsuitable for long storage, IMO) , but your claim of clay in it is not accurate as far as I understand it from the folks who make it.

You have posted no evidence of clay.

Last edited:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am way past clay. I need somebody to prove that IO does not have tiny bits of asteroid in it and that is why my tanks are so awesome. Prove it with science. Probably find more real asteroid than clay particles... or pieces of real panther.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am way past clay. I need somebody to prove that IO does not have tiny bits of asteroid in it and that is why my tanks are so awesome. Prove it with science. Probably find more real asteroid than clay particles... or pieces of real panther.
Sixty percent of the time it works every time! Haha Sex Panthers.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ice Cube Friday GIF

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Goes on tirade about IO being full of clay
  • Offers nothing but conjecture when asked to prove it
  • Posts in 5 or 6 threads the same garbage claims proven wrong in first thread
  • Tells everyone were mean fanboys and he's sooooo outta here

frtrll.gif

byeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I did post on several different areas showing clay in the mix

I have not drummed up anything or tried to

When posting a personal experience I should not have to go and find scientific reports about anything

This fourm is nothing but a bunch of haters and trolls iv got a few that love to follow me around and try and discredit any personal user experiences I post about asking for scientific proof

Then I find some oh and that's not good enoff

I'm out this fourm is ridiculous with Haye and misinformation being backed up by fan boys who have never sent anything anywhere to check

Have fun with this

You have to understand that when you make an unsubstantiated claim, and initiate a debate, people are going to disagree. Yes debating is not always fun, but it's necessary, and what drives this hobby forward. The whole point of this forum is to be an educational platform in which hobbiest and professionals can improve and develope their passions. A lot of us have gotten into debates, and have faced both outcomes. If you are to claim something that may cause panic in others, such as saying there is something harmful in the most widely used marine aquarium salt in the market, you must be prepared to defend that argument. If you switch to ad hominem methods, your argument falters and it goes no where. If someone asks you for evidence of clay, or counters your argument, that's on you to provide the material.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've always wondered why, when I open a new bucket, it stings the nostrils. but in a good way!
Does this mean IO should also be illegal in 9 countries too?

which ICP lab tests for panther?

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to understand that when you make an unsubstantiated claim, and initiate a debate, people are going to disagree. Yes debating is not always fun, but it's necessary, and what drives this hobby forward. The whole point of this forum is to be an educational platform in which hobbiest and professionals can improve and develope their passions. A lot of us have gotten into debates, and have faced both outcomes. If you are to claim something that may cause panic in others, such as saying there is something harmful in the most widely used marine aquarium salt in the market, you must be prepared to defend that argument. If you switch to ad hominem methods, your argument falters and it goes no where. If someone asks you for evidence of clay, or counters your argument, that's on you to provide the material.
There is a difrence in a debate and a straight up attack

A debate is OK you had that happen that sucks but ime I had this happen with the same product

Not it can't possibly have done what you say cuz iv used it 26 years with no probkem

Each person's experience is diffrent

I personally know for a fact there is clay in every single batch of salt mix that comes from nature

However I also know that regular io has more clay in it then is normal in some batches

And reef crystals is horable with it way worse then regular io

This is personal experience and in no way does that invite a debate or an attack

I did not ask a question and you can't debate someone's personal experiences that's not how that works

I have been nothing but attacked on several occasions to the point of reporting users for creating a hostel fourm where no one learns anything

And is nothing but fan boys and trolls who cant see past their own ego and can't admit when there might be a problem

My brain works alot diffrent then the rest of you as the logic side of my brain is the only part that works and I'm real good at seeing patterns

And the pattern on this fourm is say something that someone else does not like cuz it might make whatever product they love looks bad get attacked and followers that will attack you and follow you

Had this happen on more then 1 occation

GHL FAN BOYS HAVE DONE THIS
NOW IO FAN BOYS HAVE DONE THIS
AND THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW OTHER OCATIONS THIS HAS HAPPENED

EITHER ADD SOMTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO THE CONVERSTATION OR GO AWAY AND LIVE IN YOUR FANTASY WORLD WHERE NOTHING YOU USE COULD POSSIBLE HAVE A PROBLEM

BUT STOP TRYING TO DISCREDIT SOMEONES PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE FROM ACTUAL USE OR WEEKS OF REASEACH AND FINDING A COMMON PROBLEM

IF I CAN FIND MORE THEN 100 PEOPLE REPORTING THE SAME EXACT THING

OR I HAVE PERSONALLY HAD IT HAPPEN

ITS A FACT NOT AN OPINION PERIOD

I FOUND 100'S OF POST ON THIS FOURM ALONE REPORTING THE EXACT SAME THING ABOUT BOTH IO AND GHL AND 1000'S ONLINE

I PERSONALLY KNOW SOMEONE WHO USE GHL PRODUCT AND GUESS WHAT THEY SAID THE SAME EXACT THING AS THE PEOPLE ON THE FOURMS AND IV PERSONALLY HAD IO EXPERIENCE AND LAB TESTS ALONG WITH CLEARITY TESTS

Last edited:

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something here?? The posted test doesn't seem to mention clay of any kind.

And @Randy Holmes-Farley clearly made a HUGE mistake. He mixed up comets and meteors!! A meteor killed the dinosaurs, NOT A COMET!! This clearly proves that instant ocean has solid clay particles from a meteor in it and has caused so many tank crashes.

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never went around following someone just to try and discredit there personal experience

I do report finds and personal experiences and post the findings

But yet happens to me all the time

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back