Instant Reefing Satisfaction

Are you currently satisfied with your aquarium?

• Very Satisfied

Votes: 124 24.9%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 300 60.4%
  • Unsatisfied

Votes: 54 10.9%
  • Very Unsatisfied

Votes: 19 3.8%

• Total voters

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been very satisfied with the direction my tank is heading. My Coraline algae is spreading to my rocks, all my corals are happy and growing well. I feed heavily and no algae outbreaks in part to phytoplankton and fuge.

image.jpg

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah the good old hair algae. I feel I’ve gotten pretty good at growing it. Were that my goal I bet I could culture enough to keep a dugong fed. I am pretty satisfied because I seem to be getting the upper hand on it lately. And all the fish are doing great. My one hammer coral is happy enough. Of course the Xenia island is thriving and the star polyps are happy.
At least it doesn’t look as bad as it did!
37DF57B1-089A-4C5C-88D2-3E06798FF3B8.jpeg

At one point my clown fish were wallowing in the algae like it was an anemone.........

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Satisfaction is recognizing that my fish are healthy and hungry when I walk by the tank. I had a run in with velvet a while back that completely changed how I quarantine and add new fish. However, when it comes to my corals I would say my results are underwhelming. Maybe my expectations are too unrealistic but I don't have the growth I wish I had.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love looking at my tank and thinking that a coral might look bigger than it has in the past, pulling up old pictures and realizing that coral that has not appeared to have any growth has just been a steady and slow grower.

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tank looks good. But what made me the most happy is that my daughter and wife could take care of it, while I went to Texas to help my brother for most of last year.

The water station worked well to make water for water changes. The sump was easy to clean, according to my daughter. They were able to do weekly water changes and testing. It took about 30 minutes to change the water and clean the sump, including skimmer. It took about 30 minutes to do the testing and enter it into my log.

It is nice to have a tank that works well.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Satisfaction is recognizing that my fish are healthy and hungry when I walk by the tank. I had a run in with velvet a while back that completely changed how I quarantine and add new fish. However, when it comes to my corals I would say my results are underwhelming. Maybe my expectations are too unrealistic but I don't have the growth I wish I had.

It comes with time. That's why the phrase "things don't happen fast in a reef tank" comes in. I was the same way, I had expectations of growth and the harder I tried the slower things seemed. Good equipment, regular testing & feedings and stability are the key & before you know it things start to blossom. Your corals & fish are on THEIR natural schedule not yours.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming home and looking at your tank, and to say "Finally". What do I mean by that, well for everyone it may be different, but looking at my tank today and to finally see everything happy, polyps extended, colors are starting to get where you expect them to be, to see growth, to finally see what may be described as a mature tank.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I am very satisfied with my tank. Healthy growing corals, and healthy thriving disease free fish! I love this hobby, at times it was hard with some ups and downs over the years, and many hours of reading, and helpful people on Reef2reef and here I am today! Reef2Reef people are the best hands down! Thanks Reef2Reef! 8)

Sorry for the poor pics....LOL....

IMG_20200121_161208.jpg IMG_20200104_123342.jpg IMG_20200121_161951.jpg IMG_20200121_161959.jpg

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love threads like this because I do some self reflecting on my reef and hobby in general. I'm sure I am not alone in saying this but looking through my own eyes, I can never truly see how Beautiful my display tank really is. I have friends that tell me it's gorgeous, and they strive to have a tank like mine. Yet I never see it??

I always feel there is something I can improve on, fix, tinker with Ect. Why is it I can't see my tank as being beautiful?
I can go visit a friends house, and I get awe struck on what he has, seeing how nice it's setup.....

Can anyone else relate to what I am saying?? Or is it time for me to get a shrink??? lol :)

Here is my tank today:

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so satisfying to watch the feeding response of my corals :)
Hi,
I’m wondering.....do you feed at the same time everyday? I seem to get coral response at different times. How does one get the corals to elicit response all at one time.
Thanks.. I would b even more satisfied if I could figure this out!

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love threads like this because I do some self reflecting on my reef and hobby in general. I'm sure I am not alone in saying this but looking through my own eyes, I can never truly see how Beautiful my display tank really is. I have friends that tell me it's gorgeous, and they strive to have a tank like mine. Yet I never see it??

I always feel there is something I can improve on, fix, tinker with Ect. Why is it I can't see my tank as being beautiful?
I can go visit a friends house, and I get awe struck on what he has, seeing how nice it's setup.....

Can anyone else relate to what I am saying?? Or is it time for me to get a shrink??? lol :)

Here is my tank today:

I can totally relate!!! No need for a shrink! LOL!

Flatlandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant seems to be working and acros are starting to grow! New acro growth after months of dormancy is very satisfying!

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I totally get that and am aware of it.....but I seem never to be satisfied. I’m definitely getting better and find myself smiling more when I look at my tank.
Do I hv problems... sure. My beautiful Acans r no longer doing well. Cant fig it out. Everything else seems fine. My point is, it is a reef in your house for goodness sakes! There will always be difficulties but in between some real amazing moments!
Cheers!

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small amount of algae and most of my coral is growing great. BUT I can't grow certain types of zoas so the color scheme I planned isnt coming to fruition like a planned as the ones that I can grow are taking over. Also I'm stuck with close to 30 frags that didn't sell at the last swap so they're either on racks or littering my sandbed and I don't like that. I guess my problems are what some people wish for.

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals don’t die but they don’t grow or reproduce either. Parameters are fairly stable kh-9,7; ca-515; no3-10; mg-1650;po-0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back