Instant Reefing Satisfaction

Are you currently satisfied with your aquarium?

• Very Satisfied

Votes: 124 24.9%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 300 60.4%
  • Unsatisfied

Votes: 54 10.9%
  • Very Unsatisfied

Votes: 19 3.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So in reefing there are many things that can give us satisfaction like finding that your bounce mushroom has produced a baby, or your clown fish started laying eggs, or your acro colonies are coloring up nicely etc. There are things that give you satisfaction gradually and instantly. So let's talk about the instant satisfaction stuff!

Most of the time it's probably simple things that are satisfying as is the case for me. There are a slew of things but I'll name just a couple and then let you take over. Now you may think I'm weird but last night I was so satisfied with something that had to do with HAIR ALGAE! How can that be satisfying? Well I've been battling it for a few months and it looks like I'm starting to win. For the past few weeks I'll get in the tank and have a "hair algae pulling session" and last night it brought me so much satisfaction to just grab a hunk of that green devil's hair and pluck it right from the tank to see clean spots on the rock! Yes I'm weird! ;)

Also I get instant satisfaction when I walk into the room to see the tank for the first time in a while and the glass not be covered by algae. Hmmm I'm noticing a trend here with me! HA! So what about you?

What gives you INSTANT satisfaction when it comes to your tank?

satisfied reef.jpg

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's many things with my 2 tanks that give me satisfaction. After trials & tribulations the last couple of years, both tanks seemed to have leveled out. Part of the solution was investing in better gear - Kessil lights, Vortech powerheads, an Apex, ATOs and good quality test equipment. The other part was a weekly regiment of testing, cleaning skimmers, ATO sensors and cleaning glass. Then we moved 50 miles and I presumed I'ld have to start from scratch again... BUT... with the advice from fellow reefers here on R2R the move went much smoother than I could have imagined.

Now what gives me satisfaction - my parameters are pretty constant, corals are growing & everything is pretty stable. Life is good. On to the next adventure - nano frag tank.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing my fish alive and healthy swimming around. Also seeing that none of my corals are bleaching out when I come home for lunch makes me instantly happy/relieved lol

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm extremely satisfied with the way my tank is progressing. Right now my biggest issue is a great one to have. Too much alk and calc demand. Dosing 280ml of each 2 part along with 1.4L of saturated Kalk. And, the growth rate isn't slowing. Needless to say, a calcium reactor is on order.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At this point in my reefing experience I perfer GHA over cyano, dino etc...

I MUCH prefer cyano over GHA! But nothing is worse and dino! :(

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For me it’s new life such as fry hatching or RFAs appearing! Helping in the creation process is very satisfying!

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone 100% satisfied with any project. I feel satisfaction but also feel there is always room for improvement. Striving for that improvement is satisfying in itself!

JLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me there is satisfaction in watching the daily life of the tank (even watching snails eating algae off the glass can be satisfying). And of course, seeing progress in the reef's maturation is satisfying - noticing a fish has grown, or a coral has a new polyp starting to form... that sort of thing. A lot of things that seem mundane, but indicate that life on my little reef is headed in a healthy, positive direction.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mentioned in my build thread that life has been kicking me in reef... resulting in a basically ignored 210 gallon for the past year...

Now that I am working on it, I am dealing with hair algae, and slowly but surely trying to get into something I'm satisfied with.

I chose unsatisfied, but I am on the edge, because I am we working on it. I dont care for how it looks now, but we're headed in the right direction.

lakin58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Healthy fish, growing coral, stable tank, flow and lighting seem to be just right. Took years to get here but right now Living the dream...until the next power outage or cyano outbreak

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems the roller coaster ride is leveling out .......and I’m pretty happy about it! Though it seems we are never truly off the ride, i’m Going to enjoy the moment and these little ups n downs.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is making me slightly unhappy, I bottomed out nitrates and phosphates, got cyano then dino, lost my sps. I then started dosing both to get them back up and things were improving and sps were starting to grow again. Then my heater failed on and things are just surviving now, not thriving like they used to. I'm not going to give up yet though.

dstevenstn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a 180g tank, will start the build process and hopefully move 2 tanks into it this summer. So must not have been satisfied.

Back