Introducing my home 17k gallon reef

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hedgedrew66
Are you running UV? I didn't see it in the YouTube sump visit.
Looking at adding a Pentaire UV 25 watt to my system, hope the wife doesn't see that bill, lol

I just lost my spotted kole and 2 clowns do the ich. Seeing you have a bazillion tangs in there, got me wondering if you are killing them with UV.
Huge one. 3500 w and 300k microjoules. But those little ones 25 w dont do much but clarify. We qt the hell out of the fish is why i think no disease in tank im sure my uv is helping.

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hedgedrew66
Are you running UV? I didn't see it in the YouTube sump visit.
Looking at adding a Pentaire UV 25 watt to my system, hope the wife doesn't see that bill, lol

I just lost my spotted kole and 2 clowns do the ich. Seeing you have a bazillion tangs in there, got me wondering if you are killing them with UV.
Heres new up to date

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing kalk into the 17k reef currently? How does that effect alkalinity with limited/no consumption? Or is there so much coralline algae growth that it is consumed?

Mbmarkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1574897519501.jpeg

Holy smokes. I can’t believe this is in your home! Definitely following along

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing kalk into the 17k reef currently? How does that effect alkalinity with limited/no consumption? Or is there so much coralline algae growth that it is consumed?
Only dosing like third max dose into 50 gallon evap water. We need to also add some bi ionic alk part too every day for alk depletion of sulfur reactors. Alk stable at 9 ca 450.

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be difficult to see if there is aggression? Anyone getting picked on? How do you monitor that? AWESOME tank!!!!
No we see it. The tangs fight with tangs. And butterflies with each other. Have a whole corner of butterflies who get pinned in corners. Next dive going to try to get them out.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No we see it. The tangs fight with tangs. And butterflies with each other. Have a whole corner of butterflies who get pinned in corners. Next dive going to try to get them out.
What do you do with them? I have like 700 gallons of systems and I am like your neighbor off of exit 40. Lol

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do with them? I have like 700 gallons of systems and I am like your neighbor off of exit 40. Lol
Omg. Why dont you stop by. Maybe on sunday ? If i get them out ill put them in back qt room to just chill. Figure it out after.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I would love that!! Would like to see your systems!! You tell me when and how you want to work it out? Happy Thanksgiving!!! Tom

Back