Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB3E8BDD-90B4-482F-B6F3-980CE8F769BB.jpeg
25C6BC2F-BA95-46E8-B509-4B12F0395FC8.jpeg
C879382E-E1A2-4CD9-8661-031A9BD74FD1.jpeg

01E761E8-F98B-4E63-84D0-0CE7EE931641.jpeg

D5E0E1AB-35D9-4090-BCD2-FC44F2F9A8CE.jpeg

CoralVue dropped info tonight on their livestream about the next Coralvue Hydros Control release. The much anticipated Control XP8.

Some notable features:
- can run stand alone, has same controller internally as other Control devices
- internal meanwell power supply that can power other hydros devices off the command bus ports
- passively cooled, NO fans to break or replace
- individual outlet power monitoring
- international version using IEC plugs
- internal dedicated controller, reliable outlet control
- can be paired with other hydros controls or wave engines as part of a wired collective
- available around the end of the year
- $279 price tag

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB3E8BDD-90B4-482F-B6F3-980CE8F769BB.jpeg
25C6BC2F-BA95-46E8-B509-4B12F0395FC8.jpeg
C879382E-E1A2-4CD9-8661-031A9BD74FD1.jpeg

01E761E8-F98B-4E63-84D0-0CE7EE931641.jpeg

D5E0E1AB-35D9-4090-BCD2-FC44F2F9A8CE.jpeg

CoralVue dropped info tonight on their livestream about the next Coralvue Hydros Control release. The much anticipated Control XP8.

Some notable features:
- can run stand alone, has same controller internally as other Control devices
- internal meanwell power supply that can power other hydros devices off the command bus ports
- passively cooled, NO fans to break or replace
- individual outlet power monitoring
- international version using IEC plugs
- internal dedicated controller, reliable outlet control
- can be paired with other hydros controls or wave engines as part of a wired collective
- available around the end of the year
- $279 price tag
How does this compare to the latest Neptune Apex power bar?

Thanks!

CuseReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this compare to the latest Neptune Apex power bar?

Thanks!

- Both have 8 relay outputs, but EB832 handles 7A per plug, and XP8 handles 8A. Both handle a max of 15A for the whole device. Both have a circuit breaker built in.
- Both support power monitoring PER outlet.
- EB832 has additional 2 switched DC24V ports that the XP8 does not. Same as the 1-link ports, they dont exist on the XP8. So you loose 2 DC controlled ports with the XP8.
- EB832 must have a Apex 2016 or Apex EL head unit to work. the XP8 can run STAND ALONE without any other controller or can be grouped with other Hydros Control devices to create a "collective", once in a collective inputs can be used to change the state of the XP8 outputs.
- Both the EB832 and XP8 can provide DC power to other devices along its communication bus (Aquabus for Apex, Command Bus for Hydros).
- The XP8 is passively cooled with NO internal fans. The EB832 has a fan to keep the power supply cool AND must be mounted in only 1 position. XP8 can be mounted in any position. While the XP8 is not IP65 rated (dust/splash proof) it does use the same style boxes as other Hydros devices and only area where water or moisture can get into the box is via the power plugs which greatly reduces the risk of internal water damage.
- The EB832 has fallback where if the cable between the EB832 and the Apex is removed, the outlets will "fallback" to a safe state. The XP8 since it has a built in controller, has a dedicated link between the brain and the outlets. There are fall back states for outputs on hydros if an input for example isnt available. So for example for a heater output, you can specify the output to turn OFF if the temp probe it uses to turn off/on is unavailable. You can also do more advanced fallback programming as well. When working in a "collective" all Hydros devices run the SAME configuration settings, so if another brain dies, the brain in the XP8 will continue to control the outputs. It's like if you put the Apex head and an EB832 in the same box.
- XP8 uses a robust Meanwell AC/DC supply. The newer EB832 units have moved to a similar supply but only after earlier EB832's failed due to a cheap off the shelf supply.
- Both have visual indicators (LEDs) of output state.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
- Both have 8 relay outputs, but EB832 handles 7A per plug, and XP8 handles 8A. Both handle a max of 15A for the whole device. Both have a circuit breaker built in.
- EB832 has additional 2 switched DC24V ports that the XP8 does not. Same as the 1-link ports, they dont exist on the XP8. So you loose 2 DC controlled ports with the XP8.
- EB832 must have a Apex 2016 or Apex EL head unit to work. the XP8 can run STAND ALONE without any other controller or can be grouped with other Hydros Control devices to create a "collective", once in a collective inputs can be used to change the state of the XP8 outputs.
- Both the EB832 and XP8 can provide DC power to other devices along its communication bus (Aquabus for Apex, Command Bus for Hydros).
- The XP8 is passively cooled with NO internal fans. The EB832 has a fan to keep the power supply cool AND must be mounted in only 1 position. XP8 can be mounted in any position. While the XP8 is not IP65 rated (dust/splash proof) it does use the same style boxes as other Hydros devices and only area where water or moisture can get into the box is via the power plugs which greatly reduces the risk of internal water damage.
- The EB832 has fallback where if the cable between the EB832 and the Apex is removed, the outlets will "fallback" to a safe state. The XP8 since it has a built in controller, has a dedicated link between the brain and the outlets. There are fall back states for outputs on hydros if an input for example isnt available. So for example for a heater output, you can specify the output to turn OFF if the temp probe it uses to turn off/on is unavailable. You can also do more advanced fallback programming as well. When working in a "collective" all Hydros devices run the SAME configuration settings, so if another brain dies, the brain in the XP8 will continue to control the outputs. It's like if you put the Apex head and an EB832 in the same box.
- XP8 uses a robust Meanwell AC/DC supply. The newer EB832 units have moved to a similar supply but only after earlier EB832's failed due to a cheap off the shelf supply.

That's a LOT of advantages for Team Hydros!

Not to mention it takes the cake in looks dept too.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Great comparison!

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I am completely confused by the sheer number of Hydros controllers with various overlapping capabilities.

Different options based on your need.

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It needs one probe port... that way it can be the new apex jr
I loved the Apex Jr. don’t know why they discontinued it. It was about $200 and came with the display and a temp probe. If they took the display away I’m sure they could’ve get the price on that unit even lower.

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I buy an XS controller only since I anticipate getting the XP8 and won’t need the WiFi strip offered in the starter packages… what else do I need to power the XP8 in the meantime? I don’t think I see the power supply as an item for sale on its own?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I buy an XS controller only since I anticipate getting the XP8 and won’t need the WiFi strip offered in the starter packages… what else do I need to power the XP8 in the meantime? I don’t think I see the power supply as an item for sale on its own?
You can buy them direct from Coralvue. Along with the XS as well if you want. https://www.coralvue.com/hydros-control-power-supply

Back