Introducing the Photon V2!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ocho Cinco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always nice to meet customers in person, that's what I enjoy the most about having the new warehouse and attending tradeshows in the area! Please keep me updated on your tank, I would love to see some progress once you get the new setup running.

WOW! That's a lot of light haha.

They should be back in mid january, you can sign up to be notified on the website, we will send an email when they are back in. They will also be on sale, it is a sea shipment so we were able to cut our costs a little, and we are extending this to our customers.
Thanks for the response, I will keep my eyes open. What is your recommendation for a standard 90 gallon? After doing some research I'm afraid it won't cover the depth with the light being 8" wide.

Ocho Cinco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo 1 fixture isn't enough for 24" unless you hang it really high and crank up the intensity. I have a frag rack on the front corner of the tank and with 1 fixture I was barely getting 150 part. I could see that my acros on the rack were struggling. Now with the second fixture I'm at 300 par and I notice much better PE already. I got both on the R2R dry goods classifieds
I'm an idiot. A standard 90 is 18" wide. They are 24" tall, got them mixed up. Opinion on one covering a 18" wide tank?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks for the input. Would the 50 be better since it is almost 48" long? I know the 48 is like 43" long so it will be a little short.
The 48-V2 is designed for a 48" long tank. These lights easily cover tanks up to 12" longer than the length of the actual light. The light should be a little shorter than the actual tank so that the mounting legs work properly.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the V2 for 10 months so far. Seems to be a fantastic light to me, as expected. Satisfied customer here. I was previously using a 120w (blue/white only) black box LED (with no dimmer!). There were a few rearranges with some of the coral as a few trades/losses/gains between these two photos. Single 24 v2 over standard 40 breeder.

Day 1 with the Photon V2:
oqWjI61.jpg

Today:
48D746P.jpg

Last edited:

Ocho Cinco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the V2 for 10 months so far. Seems to be a fantastic light to me, as expected. Satisfied customer here. I was previously using a 120w (blue/white only) black box LED (with no dimmer!). There were a few rearranges with some of the coral as a few trades/losses/gains between these two photos. Single 24 v2 over standard 40 breeder.

oqWjI61.jpg

Today:
48D746P.jpg
Very nice! Everything is filling out. What's the time frame between the 2 pics?

Bokeron_84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

oqWjI61.jpg

Today:
48D746P.jpg
Incredible Paul! When you can put your lighting schedule. What salt do you use?What size is your tank? How do you keep the kh, ca and mg of that mark? Thank you

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible Paul! When you can put your lighting schedule. What salt do you use?What size is your tank? How do you keep the kh, ca and mg of that mark? Thank you

Thanks. The tank is a standard 40 breeder. I use reef crystals, and always have. I only supplement calcium, but that's very rarely. I just let the water changes do the rest. I'm about to upload my lighting schedule in a sec.

Last edited:

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my current lighting schedule that I've have been running for a good while now. I'm using the 24 model 11" off the water surface.

IPDkRiO.jpg

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul what size Tank? I have a 120 gallon with my 48" V2's 12 inches above the water and at peak day my Blues are at 60 and white are at 25 and all my corals are thriving almost like i can turn them up even more.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul what size Tank? I have a 120 gallon with my 48" V2's 12 inches above the water and at peak day my Blues are at 60 and white are at 25 and all my corals are thriving almost like i can turn them up even more.
2 post up, 40 breeder. [emoji6]

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned my reds off today, it seemed to cause an algae bloom. I know my tank is only 2 months old, but this is worse than all my previous setups.

AKay3600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Photon 24 V2 will be arriving today and I was wondering if anyone can give me a good idea of what percentages to start my tank off at. It is a standard 29 (18inches deep I believe ) that has softies and LPS in it. I currently have a Current Marine Orbit over the tank so not very powerful but runs both blues and whites at 100%. I'll probably have it about 6inches above the tank.

Also Paul87's pictures and videos were what convinced me to get the light! :)

Thanks!

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Photon 24 V2 will be arriving today and I was wondering if anyone can give me a good idea of what percentages to start my tank off at. It is a standard 29 (18inches deep I believe ) that has softies and LPS in it. I currently have a Current Marine Orbit over the tank so not very powerful but runs both blues and whites at 100%. I'll probably have it about 6inches above the tank.

Also Paul87's pictures and videos were what convinced me to get the light! :)

Thanks!
I'll start at 30% all channels and slowly adjust by 10% weekly till you reach about 70%

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back