Introduction

Pjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Just thought I’d say a few things about where I’m at in the world of aquaculture. So far, I have a 5 gallon freshwater tank with a few tetras for my sons. I’ve been dreaming of getting a reef tank for at least a decade but I’ve never been in the position to. I was in college, and then we rented a bit, moved to houses we knew we wouldn’t settle into- just never had the stability to invest in a reef tank- until now! So I’m salivating at the prospect of being able to win a setup from reef2reef. Even if I don’t win, I am hoping to join this wonderful community and share my reef tank as it becomes a reality.
-Phillip

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
8E867233-67B6-42F1-AC52-FFC68220AEF5.gif

taylorn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’m new to the saltwater hobby, but im currently cycling a 20g nano tank and hoping to put 2 clownfish in it once it’s cycled. I’ve been in the freshwater hobby for a couple years. I only have a betta, but I decided to aquascape a 5 gallon for him when I discovered the world of planted tanks. For almost my whole life I’ve wanted a saltwater tank, but never had the knowledge or finances to support one. I’m a recent high school graduate, so I finally have the money to set up and maintain a saltwater tank! I also had much time to research saltwater tanks and fish due to quarantine. I did a whole diy tank buy buying a cheap acrylic 20g tank and then getting acrylic plexiglass and cutting it to make an all-in-one filter because they just look and work so much nicer than the hang on the back filters. Kind of a budget set up, but it works great and I’m very happy I can have a nicer looking tank that doesn’t cost as much as if i bought one! New tank syndrome is really coming on strong waiting for this tank to set up, but it’ll be so exciting when I can finally add fish!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Just thought I’d say a few things about where I’m at in the world of aquaculture. So far, I have a 5 gallon freshwater tank with a few tetras for my sons. I’ve been dreaming of getting a reef tank for at least a decade but I’ve never been in the position to. I was in college, and then we rented a bit, moved to houses we knew we wouldn’t settle into- just never had the stability to invest in a reef tank- until now! So I’m salivating at the prospect of being able to win a setup from reef2reef. Even if I don’t win, I am hoping to join this wonderful community and share my reef tank as it becomes a reality.
-Phillip
You can get plenty of used entry level equipment online to get started. Check out Facebook market places. My friend got a great deal you can see it in my build thread here...

This is a great community and lots of great people to help. Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the party! Happy reefing! :)

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Phillip, Welcome!
Seems like you are taking the right approach and being patient until the circumstances are proper. Best to have stability for your new tank. This community should help provide you with knowledge and confidence to make your salty dreams a reality.
Keep reefing hard!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%

Back