Invasive Pink Algae - Pink Cotton Algae?

Matt1508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff started as a small patch, but is starting to get rather large and I don’t know how to get rid of it.
Any idea what it is, I thought Pink Cotton Algae but it doesn’t branch or puff out into balls rather just encrust , well anything it wants to…

it’s odd as I havnt introduced and fish or coral in a good year and I’m not sure where it’s come from remained as a small patch for around three months now it’s gone mental and I’m seeing new patches elsewhere, at first I thought it was Pavona spawn but as it’s grown I can see it’s not.

this stuff is driving me mad and I need it gone before it completely engulfs everything , thinking of trying Flux but I do have a fair amount of Acropora and a refugium which I’ll need to remove and ride out the nutrient spike , if it will work it’s worth doing but I’m not even sure what I’m dealing with tbh.

unfortunately my whole scape is ceramic and can’t remove the affected parts as I would with LR, any help or advice would be massively appreciated!

5FB72A74-5FB4-4BC7-85A2-9D8031CEF3F7.jpeg F0E7A356-4F8D-4A7C-AAC7-854F4BCB2919.jpeg 43718B74-3BBB-456D-AB2F-38BC06DC3C3E.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back