Invasive Pink Algae - Pink Cotton Algae?

Matt1508

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2019
Messages
51
Reaction score
62
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff started as a small patch, but is starting to get rather large and I don’t know how to get rid of it.
Any idea what it is, I thought Pink Cotton Algae but it doesn’t branch or puff out into balls rather just encrust , well anything it wants to…

it’s odd as I havnt introduced and fish or coral in a good year and I’m not sure where it’s come from remained as a small patch for around three months now it’s gone mental and I’m seeing new patches elsewhere, at first I thought it was Pavona spawn but as it’s grown I can see it’s not.

this stuff is driving me mad and I need it gone before it completely engulfs everything , thinking of trying Flux but I do have a fair amount of Acropora and a refugium which I’ll need to remove and ride out the nutrient spike , if it will work it’s worth doing but I’m not even sure what I’m dealing with tbh.

unfortunately my whole scape is ceramic and can’t remove the affected parts as I would with LR, any help or advice would be massively appreciated!

5FB72A74-5FB4-4BC7-85A2-9D8031CEF3F7.jpeg F0E7A356-4F8D-4A7C-AAC7-854F4BCB2919.jpeg 43718B74-3BBB-456D-AB2F-38BC06DC3C3E.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new