ION is nearly here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received an email response back from Vinny. US info will be in the newsletter release today.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ION Director USD pricing
ION Director single device: $499.90 ($424.92 if ordered before 01/31/20)
ION Director Standalone Set: $899.90 ($764.92 if ordered before 01/31/20)
ION Director Slave Set: $849.90 ($722.42 if ordered before 01/31/20)
Replacement multi-ion probe: $129.90

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I reading the email right in that it actually only takes 2 of the dosing heads to operate? The other two would be left for dosing of additives or what have you?

Appears upon further processing it requires all four heads.

U

User1

View Badges
Upfront note - I am already invested in Neptune's ecosystem and happy so this product isn't something I would buy today. With that out of the way.

1. Pre-order. I have to be consistent here. This was my issue with Mindstream and still my issue with them today. Up front payment in full. No guarantee shipment date. If by pre-order they are charging you full then this is just flat out a bad policy. I understand that is to get the discount but today if I pre-order my Ford GT 500 or Mustang Mach E - I drop $500 to get the order on the book. Please reconsider this for the hobbyist. Especially those that may be looking at your product that left the MS camp.

2. Noticed the dig at reagents. People need to get over that because there is nothing wrong with using reagents. You are using a calibration fluid. No calibration solution no valid test. No reagent, no test.

Both nit picks I know and my personal opinions. Looks like another quality GHL product and happy ecosystem owners. Hope you can deliver the goods without delays to those you are requiring to pay upfront.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pre-order. I have to be consistent here. This was my issue with Mindstream and still my issue with them today. Up front payment in full. No guarantee shipment date. If by pre-order they are charging you full then this is just flat out a bad policy. I understand that is to get the discount but today if I pre-order my Ford GT 500 or Mustang Mach E - I drop $500 to get the order on the book. Please reconsider this for the hobbyist. Especially those that may be looking at your product that left the MS camp.
You can choose to wait until the launch date and pay the full price and get delivery within a few days... (if there are any available) and people don’t buy 6 at the discount price to sell them on as has recently happened. But I kinda get your sentiment...

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saf1 at least GHL isn't a kickstarter. ;Hilarious But more seriously, I would recommend people look at the KH Director thread to see if there were shipping delays from that preorder. It starts shipping in March, but I am not expecting mine before the summer based on how I am feeling about demand.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that the graphs show PO4 in the email

U

User1

View Badges
@saf1 at least GHL isn't a kickstarter. ;Hilarious But more seriously, I would recommend people look at the KH Director thread to see if there were shipping delays from that preorder. It starts shipping in March, but I am not expecting mine before the summer based on how I am feeling about demand.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that the graphs show PO4 in the email

Lol - yeah. It by no means was a dig at the company. Please do not take it that way. I try and be upfront with my personal bias. I know a lot of folks have been waiting for this so glad to see it is coming.

Also makes a good addition to the Christmas list, right?

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the newsletter. Says available to preorder but all it does is refer you to email. Anyone figure out how to actually preorder?
I emailed Vinny again. Waiting to hear what they want in the email to constitute a pre order.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saf1 I didn't take it as a dig and tried to make a funny, though it does suck the growing pains the MS folks are going through... heck even the Trident hunters for that matter.

My Xmas card is crying this year.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - yeah. It by no means was a dig at the company. Please do not take it that way. I try and be upfront with my personal bias. I know a lot of folks have been waiting for this so glad to see it is coming.

Also makes a good addition to the Christmas list, right?
I see your point and agree but ghl probably doesn't want to worry about refunding people that back out when it gets released and cant afford the difference of the down payment and retail. just seems to much of a hassle. no I could understand making a list of people in order and say ok here they are you have 24 hrs to pay or it goes to the next person in line but then again it would probably take up to much of their time.

U

User1

View Badges
I see your point and agree but ghl probably doesn't want to worry about refunding people that back out when it gets released and cant afford the difference of the down payment and retail. just seems to much of a hassle. no I could understand making a list of people in order and say ok here they are you have 24 hrs to pay or it goes to the next person in line but then again it would probably take up to much of their time.

Sure, makes sense. Make it non-refundable. Just an example. I'm sure they have done their homework with similar automation product launches and chose something that will work for them.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, makes sense. Make it non-refundable. Just an example. I'm sure they have done their homework with similar automation product launches and chose something that will work for them.
[/QUOTE
having a company do a non refundable holding fee just rubs me the wrong way lol

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind waiting for it. I've had the money put back for a long time so it is better that i do it before I spend it. I think GHL is a solid enough company that this won't turn into a Cerebra type issue. The reagent/calibration issue is no concern to me. I did read that the probe life is 6 to 18 month depending.... so worse case scenario is about 100.00 every 6 months for a new probe? Not ideal, but I still think its worth it. Maybe those prices will come down over time. Has anyone on here right now ordered yet? What did you put in the email exactly?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven’t seen whether they have increased the maximum number of dosing pumps up from16 so I could use one if I decided to buy.. @Vinny@GHLUSA
Yes, the limit will be increased to 32 pumps. We announced this the weekend of RAP Chicago. :)

@Shredded
Steps for pre-ordering are mentioned in the official thread:

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you need a monthly subscription for this? or just upfront cost?

so just wanna get this right for my to test alk, calk mag etc i need the ion director, KH Director and a GHL doser? what is that like 1200 bucks?

Back