Is Gyre jump's 4k outer magnet warerproof

kevensquint

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2014
Messages
415
Reaction score
153
Location
montreal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so my peninsula tank arrived with the over flow box 1/2" too wide. It leaves me with ( almost ) enough room to stick my MP 40's on either side of it. I will probably exchange them for Maxspects Gyre
jump 4k's. Except I'd like one of the on my ridiculously wide overflow box. This will put the outside magnet inside the overflow box and submerged. Will it rust ? Leach metals etc....? Anyone have solid info or experience with this? Thanks
 
Mine is and I believe most pump magnets that go on the outside of the tank are waterproof. I have my heater inside the overflow and the magnet is on the inside of the tank (back wall is 2 layers, glass tank and acrylic insert). No issues at 1 year.
 
I run two of them vertically along the back of my tank to provide laminar flow behind my aquascape and have the magnet sides mounted inside my overflow without any issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new