Is it me, or are Bounce Mushrooms ridiculously priced?

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would and did purchase the WWC Bounce Mushroom over a high end acro because mushroom corals are hardier. I'm more scared of getting the WD Tenuis than the Bounce. Even though I love the color and the name Walt Disney. The happiest place on earth
Yeah IDK I cant get into the Bounce mushrooms they look weird to me. Everyone has their things. But I feel you thats why Im going to wait until some of the cheaper acros I have i master and become very successful with. I have currently been reefing for about 1 year and 9 months. The only reason I have the 250 frag is because I won it. Right now the most Im willing to spend on a acro frag is about 50 bucks just because of my inexperience .

OP
OP
Josh King

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah IDK I cant get into the Bounce mushrooms they look weird to me. Everyone has their things. But I feel you thats why Im going to wait until some of the cheaper acros I have i master and become very successful with. I have currently been reefing for about 1 year and 9 months. The only reason I have the 250 frag is because I won it. Right now the most Im willing to spend on a acro frag is about 50 bucks just because of my inexperience .
Right there with ya! I have slimer, montis, violet acro, and other cheapies. Couldn't live with myself if my tank alk was off and lost a $200+ frag!

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had to go 3 weeks without water change and im trying to nurse back the voodoo majick all my other sticks look fine and growing . My poor garf bonsai barley survived a dip I gave it. By barley I mean 70% is bleached with a little spot with nice green pollups and its making a come back

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder sometimes if I will be able to afford this hobby in the next 10 years.

The hobby has and always will be as affordable as you make it. I can't afford a $200.00 frag of JF of RR or whatever you wanna say.. Therefore I don't buy them. I spend on average $10-$20 per frag and my tank is pretty full of beautiful pieces of Gods creation. And once you have a decent amount grown you have trading power.

Last edited:

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do agree with this post but at the same time I don't.
The power is all in the buyer.
Just as there purses and jeans that go for thousands and hundreds of dollars there are corals that do the same.
If people continue to buy at those prices the prices will stay.
Just like everyone who posts on Craigslist or offerup or whatever, you put the amount as high as you can and hope somebody bites. And what happens if no one does. You "lower" it. It's all about profit and supply and demand. It's basic economics. For those of you who want the prices to go down. Don't save your pennies for one!! wait until the price goes down. If you're willing to buy one then you shouldn't complain because you have now proven the coral is worth the money.

Just my 2 cents.
And always keep a look out sometimes you get lucky!
Patience is a virtue!

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
HERE YEA GO
IMG_1027.JPG
$80 PLUS SHIPPING
Is it really for sale? Or was it just a post

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because you don't have one, you don't have to be jealous and hate.

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if you want/need to sell more!

Besides, the $10 frag guys won't buy the $100 frags anyway. $80 or $90 makes no difference than $100 to the $10 frags guys :)

You say that but I regularly buy 10 dollar frags and high dollar frags as well.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same old song and dance. Every few years it's something new in the hobby that gets all the attention and pulls the highest cash amount. Years back it was chalices, then acans, then moved onto sticks and montis. Now onto the bounce shrooms.

It's a free market. Why would anyone flood the market with 8 $100 frags to 1 $800 frag thus keeping the mother piece intact longer and less stressed from constant fragging

OP
OP
Josh King

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because you don't have one, you don't have to be jealous and hate.
If that is directed at me; I am not jealous or hating. I just don't think a little shroom with some bubbles is worth over $300. And I thought I would see what others opinions are. Some agree some do not, such as yourself. Happy reefing and have a nice day!:)

bfam4t6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$299 for a mushroom? What am I missing? I just don't think they are that great IMO. A scoly I could see $100 plus dollars. I don't think I'll ever pay over a hundred dollars for a coral frag. What are your thoughts?

Yeah, I agree. I paid over $200 for my first Mystery Tie Dye mushroom, but to me, that was more justified, as they not only reproduce slowly, bu also take several YEARS to color up. So, I figure if a "grower" has to invest two years of time to start selling babies, then he can justify the $200+ price tag. Not to mention, supply was, at the time, pretty low.

Bounce, on the other hand, can be sliced with a razor and sold within two weeks...c'mon guys...I can't be the only person who gets basic economics. If a supply is that readily available, then the supply is either near equilibrium or surplus. Prices do not tell the same story. The prices of these stupid things would make you think that only TWO growers in the ENTIRE WORLD have them, and that they reproduce EXTREMELY SLOWLY. Obviously, that's not the case. Supply is readily available. Now it's up to demand to become logical.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it takes 2 weeks, why don't you buy one and frag it up? You'd make a killing every two weeks! Obviously it doesn't work like that or everyone would do it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Someone send me one and then I will let you all know and put this issue to rest!!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back