Is it me, or are Bounce Mushrooms ridiculously priced?

40Gallon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree they are nice aestethically, they definitely are overpriced but one would argue the buyers set the market so as long as someone pays high amounts it'll stay in that range.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all the bounce mushrooms, the WWC OG Bounce is by far the nicest looking piece IMO. The gold color is very unique for a coral. Yes the price will probably come down eventually, but for now its highly sought after and people are willing to pay the high price tag for it.

Fads happen... chalices, zoas, acros, etc all have had their time in the spotlight. Now its mushrooms.

For instance, the mushroom in my avatar I've had maybe 3 or 4 years. Before the current fad, and I did not pay hundreds of dollars for it. Other vendors sell something similar (Bezerker) in upwards of $500 or more. Its just the way it goes in this hobby.

Buy what you like and can afford. Its as simple as that.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two things:
first, where are people finding frags for $10?! and what do they look like?
second, a hobby is an activity to spend your extra time and money. some folks have more of one or the other, or lots of both. whats $$$ to one person, is pocket change to another.

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know why is so expensive? Because people Keep buying it. I bet if no one buys it for this price the lfs will drop the price of them really cheap. They dont want to keep any live stock for too long.

blueyesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost as cool - $60

26 Red Splatter Rhodactis 125 69.jpg
Where can I get this?!

zoasaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know why is so expensive? Because people Keep buying it. I bet if no one buys it for this price the lfs will drop the price of them really cheap. They dont want to keep any live stock for too long.
You're too funny LOL

Last edited:

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JF WWC (ULTRA) (LE) Gem mint 10! Get them while there hot folks... Buy it on flex pay within the next hour and we'll throw in a Mark McGwire rookie card. I know :eek: Practically giving them away!! How-do-we-do-it. Act fast. These aren't gonna las.... What's that? Listen up folks only 5 more of these baby's left on the planet so act now! You snooze, you lose. ;)

image.png

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JF WWC (ULTRA) (LE) Gem mint 10! Get them while there hot folks... Buy it on flex pay within the next hour and we'll throw in a Mark McGwire rookie card. I know :eek: Practically giving them away!! How-do-we-do-it. Act fast. These aren't gonna las.... What's that? Listen up folks only 5 more of these baby's left on the planet so act now! You snooze, you lose. ;)

image.png
I get you a half inch for half that price

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine a few weeks back for $450. About the size of a dime and with lineage. I have nanos, so I can justify spending that much coin. Not for everyone.
I insist that everyone own a jawbreaker at some point though. I can literally see mine from the couch 10 feet away. Thay are insanely bright.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to be your friend

There will always be expensive corals and cheap corals. The people that over price them don't really like me anyway.. I'm that guy that'll buy the $100 frag and grow out a huge colony, break it into 1 inch pieces and hand them out to my friends ;)

Last edited:

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.png

Some of those look like they are about 1/8" big (or should I say tiny). How do they even frag them that small. Poor thing! : )

I do get a good laugh sometimes at how tiny some frags are regardless of the price. A mere speck.

ESVAreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They frag the bounces so small that the frag doesn't have a mouth ... The frag survives but how long for the mouth to form. That is important since bounces are good eaters and that contributes to health and growth. Plus it makes me uncomfortable to buy a frag of a wwc bounce with no mouth for 400$. Anyone had a tiny bogger like that melt?

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.png

Is the price for the shroom in the pic or a frag of it?

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They frag the bounces so small that the frag doesn't have a mouth ... The frag survives but how long for the mouth to form. That is important since bounces are good eaters and that contributes to health and growth. Plus it makes me uncomfortable to buy a frag of a wwc bounce with no mouth for 400$. Anyone had a tiny bogger like that melt?
Yes they do some times melt your better off getting one with a mouth pm if interested

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back