Is it parasites?

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so I noticed this white string hanging out of my clownfish. Doesn’t look like poop. Do you think its parasites? It seems like he is trying to rub it off him.

26AB65E7-2F5D-4228-B183-89DE0ADD3CFF.jpeg 76D3FB52-BD7D-4AEA-8EDE-66A324A59716.jpeg

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so I noticed this white string hanging out of my clownfish. Doesn’t look like poop. Do you think its parasites? It seems like he is trying to rub it off him.

26AB65E7-2F5D-4228-B183-89DE0ADD3CFF.jpeg 76D3FB52-BD7D-4AEA-8EDE-66A324A59716.jpeg

Its possible that it is internal parasites. Good thing though, is it's easy to cure. Use API General Cure and Seachem Focus mixed with it's food of choice. The focus binds the general cure to the food so it can consume it and get rid of the parasite. The other method is to treat the tank, however not if there are any invertebrates in it. If there are inverts, you'll have to remove the clownfish from the tank and put it in a separate tank. Follow the instructions on the package, and it shouldn't take more than a few days.

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This link should help you further diagnose the problem. It's a nice guide to fish disease.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its possible that it is internal parasites. Good thing though, is it's easy to cure. Use API General Cure and Seachem Focus mixed with it's food of choice. The focus binds the general cure to the food so it can consume it and get rid of the parasite. The other method is to treat the tank, however not if there are any invertebrates in it. If there are inverts, you'll have to remove the clownfish from the tank and put it in a separate tank. Follow the instructions on the package, and it shouldn't take more than a few days.

Thank you so much!!! Im going to look a the link you sent me. I just wish there is a medication that I can use for the whole tank, I want to make sure the other fish get treated also, but I do have invertebrates in the tank.

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!!! Im going to look a the link you sent me. I just wish there is a medication that I can use for the whole tank, I want to make sure the other fish get treated also, but I do have invertebrates in the tank.
You can treat the whole tank if you use the focus to bind the general cure to the food. Just try to make sure your inverts eat as little as possible of it. Use a kebab skewer or something of the sort to Target feed all the fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back