Is it parasites?

Eve

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
415
Reaction score
580
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so I noticed this white string hanging out of my clownfish. Doesn’t look like poop. Do you think its parasites? It seems like he is trying to rub it off him.

26AB65E7-2F5D-4228-B183-89DE0ADD3CFF.jpeg 76D3FB52-BD7D-4AEA-8EDE-66A324A59716.jpeg
 
Hi guys, so I noticed this white string hanging out of my clownfish. Doesn’t look like poop. Do you think its parasites? It seems like he is trying to rub it off him.

26AB65E7-2F5D-4228-B183-89DE0ADD3CFF.jpeg 76D3FB52-BD7D-4AEA-8EDE-66A324A59716.jpeg

Its possible that it is internal parasites. Good thing though, is it's easy to cure. Use API General Cure and Seachem Focus mixed with it's food of choice. The focus binds the general cure to the food so it can consume it and get rid of the parasite. The other method is to treat the tank, however not if there are any invertebrates in it. If there are inverts, you'll have to remove the clownfish from the tank and put it in a separate tank. Follow the instructions on the package, and it shouldn't take more than a few days.
 
Its possible that it is internal parasites. Good thing though, is it's easy to cure. Use API General Cure and Seachem Focus mixed with it's food of choice. The focus binds the general cure to the food so it can consume it and get rid of the parasite. The other method is to treat the tank, however not if there are any invertebrates in it. If there are inverts, you'll have to remove the clownfish from the tank and put it in a separate tank. Follow the instructions on the package, and it shouldn't take more than a few days.

Thank you so much!!! Im going to look a the link you sent me. I just wish there is a medication that I can use for the whole tank, I want to make sure the other fish get treated also, but I do have invertebrates in the tank.
 
Thank you so much!!! Im going to look a the link you sent me. I just wish there is a medication that I can use for the whole tank, I want to make sure the other fish get treated also, but I do have invertebrates in the tank.
You can treat the whole tank if you use the focus to bind the general cure to the food. Just try to make sure your inverts eat as little as possible of it. Use a kebab skewer or something of the sort to Target feed all the fish.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new