Is it worth the price for electus bounce?

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Lately, I have seen some electus bounce for sell at a premium price 1K+ but is it really worth it? I have heard stories about them randomly deflating. If that is the case, then it is just a over priced electus mushroom, right?

I’m just curious to hear about other people thoughts or experience with the electus bounce.

Thanks!

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... Do you plan to propagate and sell it? Or just keep it?

In the latter case, is a wall ornament a few inches big worth $1k to you because it's not sold often and looks nice?

Would you rather have $1k or this admittedly very nice looking wall ornament?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you probably heard It before but I ain’t got nothing to do here while working OT and I am going to tell you again. To me, heck no but it’s your money so. Some pay stupid amount for a so call art painting while some smoke the $1k in a day. To me there’s no way I am going to spend that kind of money on a shroom then having the possibility of deflating or melted away. The more reefers are willing to pay for the these hoo Lala bounce and that woo baba Walt Disney, we are our own victims.

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... Do you plan to propagate and sell it? Or just keep it?

In the latter case, is a wall ornament a few inches big worth $1k to you because it's not sold often and looks nice?

Would you rather have $1k or this admittedly very nice looking wall ornament?
I know this topic is a bit subjective since it really comes down to what it is worth to the buyer. Although, if it was me, I would probably try to propagate it and sell it to offset the cost but I guess to each their own.

Last edited:

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this topic is a bit subjective since it really comes down to what it is worth to the buyer. Although, if it was me, I would probably try to propagate it and sell it to offset the cost.
But then you’re running into the risk of loosing the entire $1k investment. I am not an expert on cutting shroom but maybe a few experts here can tell that it’s probably a 70-80% successful rate?

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as @Fishingandreefing said, some people spend thousands or millions on art to hang on their wall. Whether it is worth it depends on how much poorer you are after and how happy it makes you to look at it. If you intend to sell though, then you need to factor in your risk in loosing it, how much it will stress you out after you spent the money before you feel you made back enough off of selling frags of it, and your prediction of how fast it will grow and how fast the price will have dropped until then. Look at it as either spending money on something you like and not getting the money back, as a business asset that you need to evaluate properly, or as gambling. Decide on one and look if you can afford it.

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But then you’re running into the risk of loosing the entire $1k investment. I am not an expert on cutting shroom but maybe a few experts here can tell that it’s probably a 70-80% successful rate?
Famous last words or thoughts of anyone spending this much on coral, haha! including myself. Truth is ive yet to offset any cost lol.
Lol yeah I try but it’s all wishful thinking haha

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that if you loose this $1k won’t affect you anything like emotionally, mortgage, spouse or anything. Or you can make it back in two days of work. Then maybe, if not again, helllll no.

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that if you loose this $1k won’t affect you anything like emotionally, mortgage, spouse or anything. Or you can make it back in two days of work. Then maybe, if not again, helllll no.
Not going to lie, I definitely had entertained the idea but the possibility of it deflating turned me away

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to lie, I definitely had entertained the idea but the possibility of it deflating turned me away
That’s one of the reasons sometimes I just hold off buying a certain corals or fish at a very expensive to me. Is not that we can’t afford it but it’s what if it dies lol

bayoukid89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo not really Bc sometimes I hear that the “bounce” woll lose and become a regular elective again

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I known beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that being said, I'll be-holding-to my money as it doesn't look that interesting or special to me (sorry, couldn't pass it up.)

Sometimes it seems people find the beauty of a coral in the price tag it carries, so one say "yup, that rite dur, is a $1k quarter sized piece of coral".

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worth the price if you are willing to pay it. You probably wont find one for significantly cheaper than the going rate.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I known beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that being said, I'll be-holding-to my money as it doesn't look that interesting or special to me.

Sometimes it seems people find the beauty of a coral in the price tag it carries, so one say "yup, that rite dur, is a $1k quarter sized piece of coral".
Yep. I think there's quite a bit of "That's so expensive valuable, I could make money from my hobby with that" overshadowing the "That's beautiful/interesting, i wan't to have it" aspect of the hobby. All the marketing geared in that direction doesn't help either.

To be fair, the expensive stuff usually isn't all that ugly either.

But it doesn't hurt to take a step back now and then and think about if you don't actually find that 10 bucks coral more beautiful than the 100 bucks one. Or 1000 i guess.

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a $400 one and it came off the disk and now I can’t find it.....
It’s probably just hiding somewhere by the rocks...that’s usually where i find mine that have floated away from their disc haha

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question is it worth it to you? Ive seen them go for as much as 2500. Electus bounce is one of if not the hottest shrooms out there and well worth the initial investment if you can find one at 1k.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back