Is it worth the price for electus bounce?

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question is it worth it to you? Ive seen them go for as much as 2500. Electus bounce is one of if not the hottest shrooms out there and well worth the initial investment if you can find one at 1k.
It’s definitely a unique piece but the idea of spending 1K + on the possibility of it deflating and staying that way...

Have you or anyone you know might had experience with a electus bounce deflating? If so, did it bounce again? Although, I guess with our hobby anything is possible. For instance, torches can get brown jelly diseases but people still buy them haha

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely a unique piece but the idea of spending 1K + on the possibility of it deflating and staying that way...

Have you or anyone you know might had experience with a electus bounce deflating? If so, did it bounce again? Although, I guess with our hobby anything is possible. For instance, torches can get brown jelly diseases but people still buy them haha
I haven't personally heard of or seen them deflate or lose the bubbles.
Strongly recommend anyone investing in a high dollar shroom. Especially during acclimation to your system. Put it in shroom condo or cup with rubble in low flow low light area. With a net cover you can use food grade net that your oranges come in from grocery store. I personally wouldn't take any chances of losing one and watching 300-1k end up in a backflow or pump never to be seen again.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably just hiding somewhere by the rocks...that’s usually where i find mine that have floated away from their disc haha
I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find it..... I’m hoping to look in some spot one day and see ten! But that’s a boys wish for Christmas isn’t it?

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find it..... I’m hoping to look in some spot one day and see ten! But that’s a boys wish for Christmas isn’t it?
When you least expected it will show up hopefully haha that has happened to me a few times with some of the baby mushrooms. I have found them in the weirdest places.

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's just for investment purposes, it's definitely a high-risk and likely high-volatility investment. Bounces are decreasing in scarcity all the time as more people frag them -- look at OGs, which went from $2k+ to $300 in a few years, while most other corals increased. Further, I see some sentiment that prices right now are inflated because of the virus (more people inside/working on tanks, many LFS are shut down, etc). Finally, it's winter, which means prices are always higher. I just wouldn't buy a high-volatility, trendy coral in this marketplace.

If I had $1k to drop on a coral, I'd go long with a scoly, acantho, or trachy. You won't see as immediate a return, and of course you can't frag them. However, their scarcity is increasing (fewer coming out of the ocean and new people entering the hobby). Bounces are basically pure alpha, while an acantho is like buying gold. IMO, trachys seem kinda underpriced compared to acanthos, and might well be the next big high-end thing. Just my one cent.

Of course, if you like how it looks, that should factor into your decision, too.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 104 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%

Back