View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220601_201441.jpg
20220619_215105.jpg
now

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, too much light ??

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't appear to be dying but not happy. Are you using any chems to fight the GHA? Assuming all your parameters are stable and correct. No need to be devastated yet!

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what is going on in the first image, but the second one does look pretty unhappy. On the plus side, from my experience with acans they are hardy and can bounce back quickly.

How long has it been like this? I have had acans go from happy to looking like the second pic for a few weeks then back to looking nice and happy.

Have you checked your water params?

Have you checked par levels?

Has anything changed flow wise? I've noticed my acans are pretty temperamental with flow.

Have you checked for pests of any kind?

Have you tried feeding it? This has worked a few times for me when one of my acans looks unhappy for awhile, feeding some reef roids a couple times a week has helped.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what is going on in the first image, but the second one does look pretty unhappy. On the plus side, from my experience with acans they are hardy and can bounce back quickly.

How long has it been like this? I have had acans go from happy to looking like the second pic for a few weeks then back to looking nice and happy.

Has anything changed flow wise? I've noticed my acans are pretty temperamental with flow.

Have you tried feeding it? This has worked a few times for me when one of my acans looks unhappy for awhile, feeding some reef roids a couple times a week has helped.
Answering all these hopefully should point to the problem. One other question though. Do you have peppermint shrimp or any other types of shrimp? The one I have in my coral qt decided to go rouge after 6 months and start eating any acan I put in there. They would close up more and more until they started receding. Luckily I pulled them before any real damage happened.

OP
OP
W

Wendi1bird

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It has been this way for almost 2 weeks. Parameters are steady. The first image is how it looked for a year until this happened 2 weeks ago. (Other than going from 5 polyps to what you see in the first pic). No pests, I feed reef chili every other week for 1 feeding and have been doing that at least 6 months. I think it is flow, tbh. I am working on adjusting it with some kind of tracking so I can go back a step if necessary. I appreciate your questions and help.

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw in some Carbon think back 2 weeks ago to what you did Differently double check all the test kits and calibration of refractometer. Don't make 15 adjustments just make one or 2 see how it responds for a week and slowly try to figure it out. Increase your water changes and take notes. Normally takes a couple days to a week after a change for coral to respond.

Back