Is my anemone dying??!!

Reefer Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all I recently picked up this green bubble tip anemone that was doing really well until recently. Is this guy dying? Any suggestions on what to do if it can still be saved?

DF1AF9E0-6EF2-4D63-AFA5-1DEEDA90B4C5.jpeg

shivamerlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, certainly doesn't look happy. Check your water parameters, had a similar issue with my BTA last month, realized that salinity had dropped down to 1.021 now back at 1.024 and anemone happy again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reefer Joshua

Reefer Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? What are you running for light? Water parameters? It looks bleached, but that doesn't mean it's hopeless. Is it's mouth closed?
The tank is a little over a year old now and the nitrates were 0, ammonia at 0.2, and Ph at 8.4. I have a AI prime running and up until recently it had a much more green coloring so it wasn't bleached when I got it. And lastly the mouth closed as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks ok to me. Squished between rocks. Maybe a bit bleached.

Upvote 0

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Showing any ammonia in a tank that’s over a year old sounds odd. Most people try to have some nutrients in the water for nems, at least detectable nitrate and phosphate. What do you run your lights at for intensity?

Maybe try to feed it and make sure nothing is stealing food from it, almost looks like a cleaner shrimp in the corner. Far as I know only thing that would cause it to bleach is inadequate lighting, might have to feed it directly till it gets its color back.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back