Is my clam extending properly?

gabrielw94106

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
206
Reaction score
236
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my maxima clam yesterday. Im not really worried just a bit anxious as I have heard about PMD. Its on the sandbed in a clam hammock. Should I move it towards the top of the tank or is it fine as I am worried about not giving it enough light also.

8CB4FC97-2615-4172-9D01-8794FBB4C642.jpeg
 
That clam look really nice. There is no evidence of PMD on this clam in that picture. Some clam open more than other. This can be completely normal for your clam, or he may extend out more in a few days.
 
That clam look really nice. There is no evidence of PMD on this clam in that picture. Some clam open more than other. This can be completely normal for your clam, or he may extend out more in a few days.
Awesome thank you so much put any worries to rest!
 
I just got my maxima clam yesterday. Im not really worried just a bit anxious as I have heard about PMD. Its on the sandbed in a clam hammock. Should I move it towards the top of the tank or is it fine as I am worried about not giving it enough light also.

8CB4FC97-2615-4172-9D01-8794FBB4C642.jpeg
Looks fine. You want to slowly acclimate them to the light. If you wanted, in a few weeks you could move him up a bit in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new