Is my shrimp going to die?

CrazyDuck959

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Messages
209
Reaction score
116
Location
Fairfax
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a post about a hour ago, saying my shrimp was acting weird and it may be stuck molt. Well I can now confirm its stuck molt. I know this is fatal for most inverts. And I have no clue what to do. Any suggestions, I dont want to lose this shrimp. And its turned into a emergency situation that if I dont act it will die.

0F17770D-6023-461E-8C1F-5571ABFF881E.jpeg
 
I doubt there is much you can do... when these critters molt.. it involves the eyes and gut. Seems much more involved then say a snake.
 
I doubt there is much you can do... when these critters molt.. it involves the eyes and gut. Seems much more involved then say a snake.
dangit, me and the shrimp were cool, he would clean my hand when I was doing stuff in the tank :c
 
So, no luck with the shrimp getting out of it’s stuck molt. I’m guessing there is no chance at the point, should I be thinking about euthanization that way the shrimp does not suffer?
 
So, no luck with the shrimp getting out of it’s stuck molt. I’m guessing there is no chance at the point, should I be thinking about euthanization that way the shrimp does not suffer?
Final update, the shrimp died. Nothing I could do. It had no chance sadly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new