Is my silicone failing??

jeffmaglione

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Sarsota, Flordia
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of an aquarium move and just noticed the silicone on the bottom front of my Waterbox 220 seems to be in bad shape. Can anyone comment on this? Is it salvageable or should I cut my losses and replace the tank. Thanks.


D27537C7-BE40-4B7C-B859-ED5121E0FF31.jpeg 58F2B484-6619-4008-9EA8-C465353114D4.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0798.MOV
    44.9 MB
Personally I'd send it back or speak with product support.

A 15 minute phone call and a couple emails could save you a flood.
 
Is this a new tank? I agree that silicone looks really rough and I’d be reluctant to risk using that tank
 
Is this a new tank? I agree that silicone looks really rough and I’d be reluctant to risk using that tank
I have a 15 year old tank that is my 29g and it looks horrible but yeah, for a new tank? That wasn't mine? And it's not filled with a ton of life yet?

I'd be angry that they even thought to ship it to me. .... Photo below of my tank's caulk job. There isn't any extra caulking. He gone. That blue stuff bottom of this photo? That's what the caulking used to look like.
16685372853031576297491273675747.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new