Is my skimmer too big?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using phosphate e, i need to set sonething up to drip it into my filter roller chamber, the last tank it went up to 1.89 !!!
What are you feeding the tank? Pellets seem to run high in po4. Use frozen food it might help..

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen 1x cube a day and 3x a week a bit of nori, never pellets
Dang…. Have you mixed some fresh saltwater up and checked it for po4??? What test kit are using? Gotta find the source of po4 you’re feeding the tank.. normally it’s fish food… :smirking-face:

OP
OP
Jasongtr

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang…. Have you mixed some fresh saltwater up and checked it for po4??? What test kit are using? Gotta find the source of po4 you’re feeding the tank.. normally it’s fish food… :smirking-face:
Not done that no, just done a water change too so next time ill test it, nitrate and phosphate are tested with hanna checkers, phosphate is likely to be the 75lbs of new marco rock that i started the tank with so to ve expected really

metalle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Salinty 1.025 constantly

Used roller is indeed dark, skimmer has a drain hose so unless cleaning it its never removed really
As others have said, numbers are not horrible. Roller and skimmer are doing their job. As phosphates and nitrates are the result of decomposition material, both filters remove most of the large ones but not ionic chemical species. You are on the right track just let things run

OP
OP
Jasongtr

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think when are finally released in the uk im going to get the red sea dc upgrade, same price as a new skimmer really with the controller but i like the features

Back