Is my tank maxed out?

baldislife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This month is the one year anniversary of setting up my Evo 13.5 with my son. Had our ups and downs with the tank but have been enjoying the hobby, maybe too much. We stuffed our tank with 2 damsels, a clown and a bunch of coral. My question is have we met maximum capacity? Pic below. I see one vertical surface just to the left of candy cane where I maybe able to place. Or is it full already and better left alone? Note I don't like coral on the sand other than the lobo we bought months ago.
IMG_9764.jpeg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This month is the one month anniversary for setting up my Evo 13.5 with my son. Had our ups and downs with the tank but have been enjoying the hobby, maybe too much. We stuffed our tank with 2 damsels, a clown and a bunch of coral. My question is have we met maximum capacity? Pic below. I see one vertical service just to the left of candy cane where I maybe able to place. Or is it full already and better left alone? Note I don't like coral on the sand other than the lobo we bought months ago.
IMG_9764.jpeg
I would not say maxed out but would hold a couple of weeks to assure all is remaining stable before any additions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks! Any recommendations on what I can add? I have a bunch or mushrooms and zoas. I use a very average light, the Marine Nano.
Fire fish goby
blennies
Clown goby
If clowns- make them Last
bangaii cardinal
Strawberry basslet or diadema

OP
OP
baldislife

baldislife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt a domino damsel and s 4 stripe damsel will allow new fish additions. Also an aside but that domino will eventually be the size of a softball and meaner than

I doubt a domino damsel and s 4 stripe damsel will allow new fish additions. Also an aside but that domino will eventually be the size of a softball and meaner than satan
My fault on that one. My wife was with me at a LFS and saw them on sale for $3. She had two of them bagged up when I wasn't looking. Originally wanted a royal gramma

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Any recommendations on what I can add? I have a bunch or mushrooms and zoas. I use a very average light, the Marine Nano.
If you have low lights, softies are the way to go. Zoas, gsp ( on their own rock island) , mushrooms and leather corals such as sinularia. My acans also seem to thrive on or near the sand bed. Rock flower anemones are very colorful and mine seem to prefer low light. Oh, also blastos, mine are thriving under the shadow of my monti cap. I’m sure there are more good options if you do a little research.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 20 gallon has 2 damsels that learned to coexist after a lot of scrapping, but they kill any new fish that I try to add.

If your fish are peaceful then you should leave it, if you want a different mix of fish, then you should rehome the damsels and clownfish. 3 fish is fine in a 13 gallon IMO.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24k lepto will fill that empty vertical space in the middle very nicely. They are beautiful gold/ yellow color, don't need alot of light, don't mind shadows and give you something just a little more challenging to tune your skills

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back