Is Plexiglass lids really efficient? How my naoko jumped out?

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I had a bad experience about jumping my naoko out of tank about a year ago. Than i have decided to have a lid with a nest so that I won’t loose anymore Naoko! dang i love this fish! So it has been a year and just today i saw him searching the carpet again!
So, should we just throw away the lid or keep just in case lower the chances of jumps lol.

8B14E1E1-271E-4E28-9913-6E210F5B5F8E.jpeg 5DA2BBF7-C2D4-4A25-A0EF-AF80D4625A57.jpeg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your hand going through the mesh? Is that a potential root source for carpet dancing?

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the brs 1/8th netting with diy home Depot screen frame. Haven't lost a fish from jumping since and I keep multiple wrasses and gobies. If the fish's head can fit through the hole, the fish will make it out.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the naoko fairy, mine has jumped once but never made it out of the tank. Personally I use 1/4” mesh And none of my wrasses have made it out of the tank. The question is: what made it try jump? Usually a wrasse will only jump if it’s scared, I’d recommend getting smaller mesh because if you completely remove a lid then if a wrasse jumps it has a much bigger chance of escaping then. Even a fish not known to jump can jump if it’s scared enough though.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses are torpedoes looking to bomb your carpet, notorious jumpers.
Usually they only do this when scared though, or when another wrasse is aggressive to them (or Atleast that’s the only reason my wrasse do it). None of my wrasses jump unprovoked, there is always a reason they will jump and most of the time it’s aggression from the Jade.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasses hit the mesh if something moves too fast in the room. Usually my cats. Sometimes I swear they jump at their own shadow but none as bad as a jawfish or I had a Midas blenny that would jump out the feed door when you opened it. Hit me in the face one day. :oops::p

fish slap GIF

OP
OP
Trueruby

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your hand going through the mesh? Is that a potential root source for carpet dancing?
That’s also I wondered when I ordered the item. Basically the mesh are not solid. İt can extend

OP
OP
Trueruby

Trueruby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the brs 1/8th netting with diy home Depot screen frame. Haven't lost a fish from jumping since and I keep multiple wrasses and gobies. If the fish's head can fit through the hole, the fish will make it out.
I will look for smth smaller in size! It’s been second Naoko. I love this fish

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasses hit the mesh if something moves too fast in the room. Usually my cats. Sometimes I swear they jump at their own shadow but none as bad as a jawfish or I had a Midas blenny that would jump out the feed door when you opened it. Hit me in the face one day. :oops::p

fish slap GIF
Ha ha love it,knocked out by a fish lol

To op sorry can't add anything to thread ,I got sliding glass on top of mine which come with tank

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 109 43.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 119 47.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.2%
Back