Is R2R your main source for reefing information?

Is R2R your main source for reefing information?

• Yes i always go here first.

Votes: 351 80.3%
  • Sometimes but i mostly rely on my lfs for their experence and knowledge

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • Youtube for it's informative videos.

Votes: 62 14.2%
  • Bulk reef supply TV

Votes: 99 22.7%
  • Books and magazines.

Votes: 25 5.7%
  • My local reef club

Votes: 32 7.3%

• Total voters

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS, then books and ReefCentral, after several tanks, a break (about 5 years). During the break my Son got "in" and I noticed key people like Randy moved from RC to R2R. Also found some friends from RC on R2R that hadn't answered me on RC.
So pretty much R2R now and I do really like the BRS info. Still get Coral Magazine too which has good things here and there.
We used to have a great local club that is now just about defunct /moved to FB where things aren't organized or really searchable.
Glad to have R2R!

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love me some Reef2reef!!! There's always someone to give insight on any questions that might come up. I think the general consensus is everyone is here for the right reason. To help and learn! Best online community hands down. Having just turned 40, I grew up with wetwebmedia, Bob Fenners books, Scott W. Michaels work, Eric Borneman, Anthony Calfo, Charles Delbeek, Julian Sprung and so on!!!! Have a whole library of priceless books and magazines from over the years. Since discovering this online Forum, I've learned even more. You never stop learning!!!
Aside from that we have some of the best names in the business/hobby right here!!! I'm glad to be a part of this place. I like me some BRSTV also. Wish I had that when I was starting out. It's always a good watch from beginners to advanced hobbyists alike. Lots of good stuff on YouTube these days. Reefbuilders, MadHatters Reef, Inappropriate Reefer, Billy Pipes, etc... I wish there was a way to see how many hours I've spent on this site since I discovered it!!! Lol.. Simply the Best

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sense discovering r2r this past January it has been my go to source for reefing information.Before that it was books,fellow reefers,the lfs and that"other"site.Sense discovering r2r 10 months ago I have gained more knowledge here than from any other source in my 30 plus years of reefing.I have found that if I can't get an answer to a reefing question here one may not exist.So thank you to the r2r community and staff for all your help.The kindness of our members is second to none and should be applauded.
So I would like to know how many reefers are like me?.Is r2r your main source of reefing information?
I was very green a year ago. Now with everyone's help, nothings impossible, as to reef keeping

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This site is the only one you need !!!

a0518336407_10.jpg

OP
OP
mike werner

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it looks like r2r is IT!I must admit I was not expecting so many voters or the 80% who said we are the main source for their info.Thanks to all who voted and those that will vote.

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not surprised to see such skewed results in this poll. The survey bias is massive given the non-random sampling (only R2R users will see this).

I’m guessing offering the same survey on the “other” sites would also have a bias, but in my experience, I find quite a few reverences to R2R on those sites and a see some of the users in those site also on R2R.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone for the love and support! That's why we will never stop and never quite advancing our forum and keeping it relevant technologically and informatively.

Excited as heck to launch the new look soon!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully I am not going to get into trouble for posting this but here goes. Obviously RC is having issues and part of it is an attitude problem and the rest of it is zero direction from the owner.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2683906

I would like to clear up a few things that I have read from that thread.

1. Please don't go to that thread and defend or cause issue there.

2. There was never a concerted or organized effort from Reef2Reef to steal members from RC. Club Zoa used to be a little invite only club for people that loved zoanthids and in the beginning members were over zealous in inviting other zoa lovers to come to the new site to trade zoas. Zoas were really hot then! :) The reason this site exist today is because RC would not allow people to talk about trading zoanthids with one another in the forum threads. That's how www.club-zoa.com got it's start. We later evolved to a full blown reefing site called Reef2Reef. I have never been banned from RC and I am still a member in good standing. Wouldn't you think I would have been banned? Again I am sure there were overzealous members but no organized effort from R2R.

3. Forums are not dying.
Untitled-7.jpg

That is all for now! :)

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to clear up a few things that I have read from that thread.

1. Please don't go to that thread and defend or cause issue there.

2. There was never a concerted or organized effort from Reef2Reef to steal members from RC. Club Zoa used to be a little invite only club for people that loved zoanthids and in the beginning members were over zealous in inviting other zoa lovers to come to the new site to trade zoas. Zoas were really hot then! :) The reason this site exist today is because RC would not allow people to talk about trading zoanthids with one another in the forum threads. That's how www.club-zoa.com got it's start. We later evolved to a full blown reefing site called Reef2Reef. I have never been banned from RC and I am still a member in good standing. Wouldn't you think I would have been banned? Again I am sure there were overzealous members but no organized effort from R2R.

3. Forums are not dying.
Untitled-7.jpg

That is all for now! :)
I never look for trouble or intentionally cause problems, but I do and will speak my mind in a civil way. I just thought this was an interesting look at how people manage their business. What I learned was that some people don't care if their base is shrinking. Thanks for your comments.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never look for trouble or intentionally cause problems, but I do and will speak my mind in a civil way. I just thought this was an interesting look at how people manage their business. What I learned was that some people don't care if their base is shrinking. Thanks for your comments.

Thanks and not saying you are at all! Just don't want people clicking over to retaliate over comments that are not true about our reefing family here! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back