Is R2R your main source for reefing information?

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by mike werner, Oct 9, 2018.

?
  1. Yes i always go here first.

351 vote(s)
    80.3%
  2. Sometimes but i mostly rely on my lfs for their experence and knowledge

26 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Youtube for it's informative videos.

62 vote(s)
    14.2%
  4. Bulk reef supply TV

99 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Books and magazines.

25 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. My local reef club

32 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mike werner

mike werner Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

Sense discovering r2r this past January it has been my go to source for reefing information.Before that it was books,fellow reefers,the lfs and that"other"site.Sense discovering r2r 10 months ago I have gained more knowledge here than from any other source in my 30 plus years of reefing.I have found that if I can't get an answer to a reefing question here one may not exist.So thank you to the r2r community and staff for all your help.The kindness of our members is second to none and should be applauded.
    So I would like to know how many reefers are like me?.Is r2r your main source of reefing information?

revhtree, Jomama, JCTReefer and 17 others like this.
    Tags:

2. PDR

PDR Softy for Softies R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

R2R and BRS for me :)

3. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Millepora Maniac Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2019 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

R2R is my #1 go to ;)

4. samnaz

samnaz Coral Nerd R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

It's my only source. are there other sources?! ;-)

Oh, I do have every single book written about reefing and tons about coral. as far as online though, r2r is all I need.

5. Idoc

Idoc Valuable Member R2R Supporter MTRCMember R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

R2R is my main resource... and it's been working great for me! I like the BRS videos as well.

6. davocean

davocean Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Ditto, here for sharing experiences(first icon on my screen at this time ), BRS for informative vids and first choice for online purchases

7. hart24601

hart24601 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

I always liked r2r. For a long while if looking older or specific info I would try the "other site" if needed but preferred here. Now I avoid the other site since the vast majority of information is here and it's far eclisped the other forums unless you want to search their archives for, say, the mid / late 2000s posts to see what the views were popular then. I like looking at the hatred of actinic back then (10k+) and how "all your corals would die using blue light" and adding t5 to prevent MH shading - sound familiar?

But for past couple years reef2reef has been my go-to and has recently been supplemented by BRS videos.

8. JumboShrimp

JumboShrimp Active Member

“R2R or BUST!”
    “Give me R2R or give me DEATH!”
    “R2R by any other name would still smell as sweet.”
    “To R2R or NOT R2R—that is the question.”

Lol.

9. Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke Some Old Guy R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Partner Member 2018

R2R is my last read before bed nearly every night. That might explain why I dream about reef tanks, maybe?

10. Gregg @ ADP

Gregg @ ADP Active Member

11. BoSalman

BoSalman Member

Yes! Even before registering.. waaaay before registering i used to read through forums whenever i had time.. and still do..

12. Teri NewbieReefer

Teri NewbieReefer Active Member

Me too. I perused R2R long ago when I first started thinking about setting up a reef tank, but didn’t decide to jump in to reefing at that time. It did, however, spark curiosity that led me to BRStv, and now I am using R2R and BRS as my info sources.

13. Labridaedicted

Labridaedicted Wrassetastic R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

R2R is my main forum. I also check a pair of local forums. A lot of my info has come from books, work, school, and a whole lot of learning through experience.

14. ca1ore

ca1ore Valuable Member R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award R2R TV Featured Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Every single one? That sounds like a challenge LOL.

A long time book hoarder myself, though I certainly don't have all published (just the good ones). Got most of my knowledge from books and fellow long-timers; though places like R2R or RC are very helpful for new products and practices.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  15. Billldg

Billldg Going off the reef end R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

I started with BRS and then found R2R and the rest is history.

16. Alfrareef

Alfrareef Well-Known Member

R2R it’s definitely the forum where I feel at home.

I visit frequently other forums/sites for decades giving special attention to European reefing and always look for references among the local reefers and LFS.

17. WVNed

WVNed The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes. R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I just like the pictures.

revhtree, Ecvernon, TexasTodd and 6 others like this.
  18. GoPitt88

GoPitt88 Pumpkin Spice Aficionado R2R Supporter Hospitality Award

R2R and BRS for me. As well as a friend at work who's had a saltwater tank for many years.

19. andrewkw

andrewkw Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

It is, but you really shouldn't limit yourself to just one source. It took many years for R2R to replace RC as my main forum. While most would agree that place has really gone downhill for a number of years there is no denying their archive of useful information will remain as long as the site is maintained plus sometimes there are useful posts. Youtube I consider mostly entertainment but you specifically mention BRS and there are a few other channels that are mostly educational (and 100s more that aren't). I still consult my books from time to time, my personal friends I've met through the hobby over the years and reef shops which are either newer to me or I've frequented for years. I'm willing to listen to almost anyone talk about or read about what they have to say about reefkeeping. Blogs like reefbuilders are another good source. There actually is quite a bit out there..

20. Clownfish2

Clownfish2 Active Member

R2R and BRSTv

Draft saved Draft deleted