Is the chalice name Pink ******* offensive?

Is the chalice name Pink ******* offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 24 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 212 89.8%

• Total voters

Acezwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The giggles worked the wife and kids laughed when we first heard the name it makes me even want to buy a frag cause of it. there's nothing like having a friend say what's the name of that coral in tank and saying pink ******* is a good laugh!

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ALL have sex. We also ALL love *******, including my wife. So I can't imagine where it would be offensive, except if someone is personally uptight about sexuality.

I think the U.S. needs to loosen up on sex a little, maybe the focus will go away from food and more to having fun in the bedroom together.

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the name is so well known now that it should stay the same. Anyone can make an issue out of anything these days.

We had a User (not a Member) of our local reef club site complain about a guy's avatar picture because it was a guy in makeup made to have a large mouth and big eyes, and he said his 3 year old cried every time she saw it. We didn't do anything because there were not any rules violated.

As Wishn said, I think the name Pink ******* is grandfatherd in right now and it is too late to start censoring it from the site, just my opinion.
Dave

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these reef sites are hilarious, is anyone on other non-reef boards...many are much larger with absolutely NO censorship...my wife is on babycenter, those women are vial:p unless something gets reported nothing censored or monitiored. i agree America is too conservative.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
these reef sites are hilarious, is anyone on other non-reef boards...many are much larger with absolutely NO censorship...my wife is on babycenter, those women are vial:p unless something gets reported nothing censored or monitiored. i agree America is too conservative.

Actually I am on other sports forums and this is a number one reason why we try and keep this place clean. I want my daughter to be able to look on here anytime.

That being said pink ******* do not offend me. I just wanted to hear from everyone else. :)

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am surprised. I'm pretty conservative, with language on forums. Considering that cable TV has now allowed d*ck to be uncensored.....

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I am on other sports forums and this is a number one reason why we try and keep this place clean. I want my daughter to be able to look on here anytime.

That being said pink ******* do not offend me. I just wanted to hear from everyone else. :)

i don't care either way, its just odd why some censor and others do not. i'm sure it has a lot to do with sheer volume of users, at some point its too much work/expense to moderate everything.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in no way offended by the name and voted "No" but can understand why some people may find the name offensive. They may not want to think of ******* for some reason, and that is okay. I believe ******* make the world a better place.

Last edited:

gasman059

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in now way offended by the name and voted "No" but can understand why some people may find the name offensive. They may not want to think of ******* for some reason, and that is okay. I believe ******* make the world a better place.
YES I want some *******.:tongue:

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt bother me either way. however, I can see where it would bother people with HIGH morals. Why???? Because they attribute ******* to being sexual in nature. I had a sale one time and said "no *******, but lots of melons" referring to my watermelon chalice's. I cant begin to tell you how slammed i got.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't care either way, its just odd why some censor and others do not. i'm sure it has a lot to do with sheer volume of users, at some point its too much work/expense to moderate everything.
HEY, your name offends me too!!!!!!......LOL....Just kidding!:tongue:

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about the bird "*****"...is that offensive to some as well?

i.e. the blue footed *****...oh look its a pair of ******* LOL!

http://www.dustie.com/critterclipart/images/clipart/blue-footed-*****-bird-pair.jpg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back