Is the chalice name Pink ******* offensive?

Is the chalice name Pink ******* offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 24 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 212 89.8%

• Total voters

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if people have a problem with the Pink ******* Chalice, do we have to change the name of the Pink Panties Acan? Is Panties a bad word too?

I see no problem with it. My girlfriend said if she had the money she would buy me some Pink ******* for my birthday, she said this before I ever saw or heard of the chalice, she saw it for sale before me....lol

I was a little caught off gaurd at first.

BayCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't find it offensive, but it can turn into a sensitive subject.

I made a joke about it on a thread, but edited it immediately when I realized that some kids may not understand the humor.

You also cant go searching the web for it around people. HAHA

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO if a single person is offended then it should be removed.

I disagree. Its because of this attitude that so many words are now taboo in the English Language due to political correctness. For example, when I was young, people were considered fat. Then, they became "husky". Now, they are overweight, or weight challenged, or big-boned. Everyone still knows that you mean "fat", just can't say it.

And, having been educated to be an engineer, it kind of offends ME when a garbage man is called a sanitation engineer. He is a garbage man. If he doesn't like being a garbage man, do something else. Otherwise be proud of being a garbage man and be the best garbage man you can be! The world needs good garbage men, if you don't think so, you will after they go on strike for a while.

Words should not offend people. The meaning of those words can be offensive, but a simple word by itself should not be considered offensive. If you are fat don't be offended is someone calls you fat. Either be proud of being fat, or if being fat is offensive to you, work to become less fat. I say down with political correctness!

By the way, I think its a pretty good name.

addocdreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree. Its because of this attitude that so many words are now taboo in the English Language due to political correctness. For example, when I was young, people were considered fat. Then, they became "husky". Now, they are overweight, or weight challenged, or big-boned. Everyone still knows that you mean "fat", just can't say it.

And, having been educated to be an engineer, it kind of offends ME when a garbage man is called a sanitation engineer. He is a garbage man. If he doesn't like being a garbage man, do something else. Otherwise be proud of being a garbage man and be the best garbage man you can be! The world needs good garbage men, if you don't think so, you will after they go on strike for a while.

Words should not offend people. The meaning of those words can be offensive, but a simple word by itself should not be considered offensive. If you are fat don't be offended is someone calls you fat. Either be proud of being fat, or if being fat is offensive to you, work to become less fat. I say down with political correctness!

man i wish i could say this stuff so well. every time i try i get censored or my foot gets stuck in my mouth:crossedlips: any way good job!!!

i think this is a small part of the "wussification of america"

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess instead of saying "pink *******", you could just say (.)(.) ! :cry:

Rev, just delete this if you think it's inappropriate.

PLNelson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hear, Hear!

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh snap that used to be my coral. lol I didn't realize it was the Pink ******* one. Hope you guys got enough out of it before it RIP'd.

P2160172.jpg

watermelon-1.jpg

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO if a single person is offended then it should be removed. Personally I dont care, I had one of my names removed due to censorship but I personally didnt think it was that bad nor did the other forums. But I abide by the rules on R2r.

Jay

I think it would be easier to ban the one offended-LOL

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back