Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone here for looking out for those hunting for them!
1567191276472.png

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!! Check Marine Depot around 11:45 - no stock. Left to run an errand at 12:15 got back at 1:15 and saw your post. Of course no stock by that time. Oh well. Got a great deal on a PM1 module to link my other tank to the Apex. Thank you for posting! Never got the Marine Depot notice.

U

User1

View Badges
same. =) woot

You receive yours? I did yesterday but only just now finished setting it up. Had to take my skimmer offline (powered by a Cor 15) to power it up. I forget to check how many ports I had open but alas none since I run a pair of Cor 15's and a 20...

Overall not to bad and silent. As for results not sure. A manual test is running now. Then I set it to run the 4 test. I may increase to 6 for the rest of this week just to see how it goes. I'll order the 90 day regent supply next and whatever I need for the power. It seems the 1 link module is 150 - a bit more than what I expected.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course the three month reagent kit is ..... out of stock LOL (probably hasn’t shipped out yet).

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems the 1 link module is 150 - a bit more than what I expected.
If you do not have any available 1LINK ports for your Trident, then you can get an aquabus cable and a PS-36-US power supply (FMM, DOS and TRIDENT) for under $40. You do not need to get a 1LINK

U

User1

View Badges
If you do not have any available 1LINK ports for your Trident, then you can get an aquabus cable and a PS-36-US power supply (FMM, DOS and TRIDENT) for under $40. You do not need to get a 1LINK

Thank you. That does save me a bit of money (two in college :) ). Another member also let me know about my DOS unit as another option. I'm not dosing at the moment but I do have it connected. Appreciate the information.

Side note - I am enjoying the product. The setup was easy. The video / self help on your portal was great. Everything seems to be running really smooth. All in all it probably took less than 30 minutes from start to end. Thank you again, everyone, for the help.

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my name on the BRS list within 2 hours of it going live, but had no call as-of last weekend and just had them remove my name from the list via Facebook Messenger. Had the feeling they had totally messed up the list and weren’t really calling people in the order they signed up, which is a little frustrating. I’m ok with manual testing for now.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the MACNA Neptune Systems Breakfast, Terrence did a section on why it is taking so long to get them out. Basically going over the production process and that by the end of testing it takes 6 hours for a unit to be assemble/inspected/tested. It didn't seem from the presentation that the pressure was on the supply of the materials but more about assemble time.

While that is nice to know, I don't quite get why it still taking so long; if the demand is there and supply is the problem then wouldn't it make sense to hire more employees?

*Disclaimer - I was on a wait list, but for the first time ever won a raffle at MACNA - a Trident from BRS*

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might not be what's actually happening, but if I was running Neptune I would be stockpiling tridents from now until Black Friday and then make sure BRS, MD and other well known retailers have plenty for the holidays.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that is nice to know, I don't quite get why it still taking so long; if the demand is there and supply is the problem then wouldn't it make sense to hire more employees?

It’s a short-term demand/supply problem almost certainly and I’d guess that there’s some training/knowledge required versus just hiring a bunch of folks off the street. Once the initial pent up demand passes, what happens to all those extra trained employees? Clearly Neptune did not anticipate the demand for the Trident, otherwise they’d have been better prepared with pipeline inventory. That would likely have delayed launch even more though, which has its downside as well. No matter what route one takes, there are always folks waiting to second guess and complain.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a short-term demand/supply problem almost certainly and I’d guess that there’s some training/knowledge required versus just hiring a bunch of folks off the street. Once the initial pent up demand passes, what happens to all those extra trained employees? Clearly Neptune did not anticipate the demand for the Trident, otherwise they’d have been better prepared with pipeline inventory. That would likely have delayed launch even more though, which has its downside as well. No matter what route one takes, there are always folks waiting to second guess and complain.
Just to be clear, I am not complaining, just curious about their decisions.

From what I have heard from multiple sources there are more 10k people on wait/notification lists at just BRS and MD, which would make me think it isn't too short term of a demand problem unless consumers start switching to other devices.

From their breakfast, it seemed from photos that there were less than 8 workers assembling Tridents. Which would mean they can produce something in the realm of 50 Tridents a week, which is why I commented on the possibility of hiring a few more workers.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way to know, of course. I doubt Neptune will share how many employees are assembling Tridents - maybe it’s eight, maybe it’s not. I’d not draw definitive conclusions from a few photos. Also have to take internet speculation with a massive grain of salt. I’d be shocked if there were even 10,000 2016 apex unit sold let alone that many people waiting for tridents. These days multiple sources often means one original source of speculation ‘reposted’’ over and over. Also, I’d bet people are on multiple lists and/or on the same list multiple times. Either way, that’s exactly what I mean by pipeline. Let’s say the actual pent up demand is 1,000; once those get fulfilled, there’s not going to be another 1,000 a month or two later. Perhaps the baseline demand is 100 per month, at which point 8 people will be sufficient. Just sayin .....

U

User1

View Badges
Only thing I can say is that the BRS waiting list is a total cluster frock. I like BRS and enjoy their effort into the videos that provide the community value. However, the list and lack of ability to check ones position is bad. And yes, I get the darn if you do darn if you don't, etc. I get it.

But signing up on the list within the first 10 minutes of it posting on this site (other factors may apply as to which site was first and internet latency) several of us still have not received a call while others a day after have. It isn't adding up.

Personally speaking I'm glad the Trident is doing well and has a high demand. If you have a apex or considering that ecosystem I think it will fit in nicely once you get it. On the other hand if you don't have the controller and still interested than there are a couple products that may very well do the job.

My trident has only been running since Thursday of last week and I finally feel comfortable that my tank is now consuming alk. Before I would test after a water test but now I was able to see the graph via its test and see its consumption. So now maybe it is time to dose a little bit since my starter frags are growing.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on waiting list with 3 different online retailers and have not received any opprotunity to purchase BUT. Yesterday I happed to stop into my local aquarium store and asked the owner if he had a waiting list and what he was doing about getting Tridents as he is a Apex dealer. WOW to my suprise he said he had one on the way should be delivered mid next week and he had no waiting list. I immediatly asked if I could buy it and offered to pay now. He quickly accepted my payment so mid next week I should have a Trident.

AgentSPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along. FWIW, when I have visited Neptune a few years back, they were effectively a cottage business staffed with kids recently out of college. It seemed like a lot of their units were actually assembled onsite. This may have changed with the newer gen stuff.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom!! Just ordered a Trident with a reagent kit! It will be here next week! Finally! I was starting to doubt the purchase before but then I was convinced.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back