Is this a baby snail or something else?

the_chef_pierre

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
431
Reaction score
108
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed 2 of these tiny critters on my rocks last night. They are around 1/8 of an inch and appeared to move really slowly if I watched them closely enough. They almost look like a ting snail shell.

My tank is around 5 months old and is currently plagued with hair algae that I'm trying to battle. I only have a pistol shrimp and goby (which may have been eaten by a worm or starved to death) and 1 astrae snail and 2 mexican turbos. Strange thing is that my turbos have been attached to the underside of a rock for the last month or so and dont come out at all. Could one of them have been pregnant? Are these snail babies?

20200525_052311.jpg 20200525_051826.jpg
 
Limpet and algae eater considered reef safe
 
I just noticed 2 of these tiny critters on my rocks last night. They are around 1/8 of an inch and appeared to move really slowly if I watched them closely enough. They almost look like a ting snail shell.

My tank is around 5 months old and is currently plagued with hair algae that I'm trying to battle. I only have a pistol shrimp and goby (which may have been eaten by a worm or starved to death) and 1 astrae snail and 2 mexican turbos. Strange thing is that my turbos have been attached to the underside of a rock for the last month or so and dont come out at all. Could one of them have been pregnant? Are these snail babies?

20200525_052311.jpg 20200525_051826.jpg
looks like a limpet and not only reef safe but beneficial.
 
Oh wow. Totally right. It definitely looks like a limpet. Wonder where it came from? Good to know it's good to have. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the bobbit worm I believe I saw that may have been the culprit behind my missing goby. It was thick like my finger and grey and hairy but I couldn't see the head to clearly know if it was a bobbit or not. Definitely have a medusa in my display tank though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new