Is this a good stocking for a 20 + a possible last fish?

Northwest_Scapes_

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,036
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So I think I've come close to finalizing a stock list for my new 20 gallon Macro Algae / NPS Reef and wanted to get peoples opinions on it:
•1x Pearly Jawfish
•1x Bluestripe Pipefish (Captive Bred)
•1x Smith's Blenny
Does the list so far sound good? And is there room for a possible 4th fish? I was thinking of something like an ORA Dragonet, Pink Streaked Wrasse, or some sort of stand out fish (suggestions are welcome!)
 
Personally, i would skip on the mandarin. The tank is just really small to keep up with a pod level for it. I would go with a second blue stripe if this were my tank but a geometric hawkfish would be a standout fish that won’t compete for space with the other three and will be happy in a 20 g
 
Personally, i would skip on the mandarin. The tank is just really small to keep up with a pod level for it. I would go with a second blue stripe if this were my tank but a geometric hawkfish would be a standout fish that won’t compete for space with the other three and will be happy in a 20 g
Yeah that's a good point about the Mandarin. Im planning on getting the pipe from Seahorse Savvy so I could ask if it's possible for a pair. The hawkfish sounds like a cool idea, I just can't find one for sale
 
Yeah that's a good point about the Mandarin. Im planning on getting the pipe from Seahorse Savvy so I could ask if it's possible for a pair. The hawkfish sounds like a cool idea, I just can't find one for sale
Not easy to find the geo hawks, I also plan on getting a pair of blue stripes from savvy. Good luck!

Citrus or green clown gobies are much easier to find and easy to pair up. They have a lot of personality and my green clown eats from my hand! They enjoy hosting corals, mine chose a large colt coral but sometimes chills in a green nepthea.
 
I also have citrin green gobies and they are great little fish. Another fun little fish are barnacle blennies. They spend most of their time in a hidey hole with their little head peeking out but they dash out at lighting speed come feeding time. You could probably have 2 or 3 of those if your tank has rock with hidey holes!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new