Is this a good stocking for a 20 + a possible last fish?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So I think I've come close to finalizing a stock list for my new 20 gallon Macro Algae / NPS Reef and wanted to get peoples opinions on it:
•1x Pearly Jawfish
•1x Bluestripe Pipefish (Captive Bred)
•1x Smith's Blenny
Does the list so far sound good? And is there room for a possible 4th fish? I was thinking of something like an ORA Dragonet, Pink Streaked Wrasse, or some sort of stand out fish (suggestions are welcome!)

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, i would skip on the mandarin. The tank is just really small to keep up with a pod level for it. I would go with a second blue stripe if this were my tank but a geometric hawkfish would be a standout fish that won’t compete for space with the other three and will be happy in a 20 g

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, i would skip on the mandarin. The tank is just really small to keep up with a pod level for it. I would go with a second blue stripe if this were my tank but a geometric hawkfish would be a standout fish that won’t compete for space with the other three and will be happy in a 20 g
Yeah that's a good point about the Mandarin. Im planning on getting the pipe from Seahorse Savvy so I could ask if it's possible for a pair. The hawkfish sounds like a cool idea, I just can't find one for sale

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's a good point about the Mandarin. Im planning on getting the pipe from Seahorse Savvy so I could ask if it's possible for a pair. The hawkfish sounds like a cool idea, I just can't find one for sale
Not easy to find the geo hawks, I also plan on getting a pair of blue stripes from savvy. Good luck!

Citrus or green clown gobies are much easier to find and easy to pair up. They have a lot of personality and my green clown eats from my hand! They enjoy hosting corals, mine chose a large colt coral but sometimes chills in a green nepthea.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have citrin green gobies and they are great little fish. Another fun little fish are barnacle blennies. They spend most of their time in a hidey hole with their little head peeking out but they dash out at lighting speed come feeding time. You could probably have 2 or 3 of those if your tank has rock with hidey holes!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back