Is this Blue Clove coral?

BlakeK.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this blue clove coral? If so, should I get rid of it right away? Or can it be isolated on an island? I just bought a couple hammer/zoa frags from a guy the other day and saw these in his tank. I'm new to this so I asked what they were. I can't remember what he said, but he said it's his favorite coral and gave me some.
My tank isn't anything special. I just have some LPS and softies. I really like the look of the little blue cloves, but still, don't to get taken over by blue cloves so I'll get rid of it if that would be best.

First/third pictures are some I noticed growing on the zoa frag I bought from him (sorry for the bad pictures. They're very small). The second picture is the small frag he gave me that I have sitting on a little rock island.

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a 5 gallon allxin one and keep it there.

Lol, *do not* cross contaminate the 2 tanks.

The BCP is an amazing beautiful nightmare.

Like a yard that's 90% pretty flowering dandelions.

According to others, it not only snuggles up to your other corals, but it can grow on top of them and smother them.

I still wanted to try it. Fortunately I haven't.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=308994&share_fid=1020&share_type=t

OP
OP
B

BlakeK.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a 5 gallon allxin one and keep it there.

Lol, *do not* cross contaminate the 2 tanks.

The BCP is an amazing beautiful nightmare.

Like a yard that's 90% pretty flowering dandelions.

According to others, it not only snuggles up to your other corals, but it can grow on top of them and smother them.

I still wanted to try it. Fortunately I haven't.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=308994&share_fid=1020&share_type=t

Haha wow. Thank you! That's all I needed to hear. It's unfortunate because it really is pretty. I guess I'll stick to trying to get ahold of the blue/green sympodium. Just as pretty if not prettier, but I hear it's not as aggressive. Thanks again!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha wow. Thank you! That's all I needed to hear. It's unfortunate because it really is pretty. I guess I'll stick to trying to get ahold of the blue/green sympodium. Just as pretty if not prettier, but I hear it's not as aggressive. Thanks again!
Definitely the blue green sympodium. Beautiful, grows well but not insane.
Doesn't try to take over the world.
[emoji4]

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back