Is this Blue Clove coral?

BlakeK.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this blue clove coral? If so, should I get rid of it right away? Or can it be isolated on an island? I just bought a couple hammer/zoa frags from a guy the other day and saw these in his tank. I'm new to this so I asked what they were. I can't remember what he said, but he said it's his favorite coral and gave me some.
My tank isn't anything special. I just have some LPS and softies. I really like the look of the little blue cloves, but still, don't to get taken over by blue cloves so I'll get rid of it if that would be best.

First/third pictures are some I noticed growing on the zoa frag I bought from him (sorry for the bad pictures. They're very small). The second picture is the small frag he gave me that I have sitting on a little rock island.

IMG_0702.jpeg


IMG_0704.jpeg


IMG_0705.jpeg
 
Get a 5 gallon allxin one and keep it there.

Lol, *do not* cross contaminate the 2 tanks.

The BCP is an amazing beautiful nightmare.

Like a yard that's 90% pretty flowering dandelions.

According to others, it not only snuggles up to your other corals, but it can grow on top of them and smother them.

I still wanted to try it. Fortunately I haven't.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=308994&share_fid=1020&share_type=t
 
Get a 5 gallon allxin one and keep it there.

Lol, *do not* cross contaminate the 2 tanks.

The BCP is an amazing beautiful nightmare.

Like a yard that's 90% pretty flowering dandelions.

According to others, it not only snuggles up to your other corals, but it can grow on top of them and smother them.

I still wanted to try it. Fortunately I haven't.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=308994&share_fid=1020&share_type=t

Haha wow. Thank you! That's all I needed to hear. It's unfortunate because it really is pretty. I guess I'll stick to trying to get ahold of the blue/green sympodium. Just as pretty if not prettier, but I hear it's not as aggressive. Thanks again!
 
Haha wow. Thank you! That's all I needed to hear. It's unfortunate because it really is pretty. I guess I'll stick to trying to get ahold of the blue/green sympodium. Just as pretty if not prettier, but I hear it's not as aggressive. Thanks again!
Definitely the blue green sympodium. Beautiful, grows well but not insane.
Doesn't try to take over the world.
[emoji4]
 
Sounds nice!

We are down in Virginia.
Hope you get some takers in NYC. It is a beautiful coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new